Hacking My Wii is currently dyslexic V_v (After working great for a year+)

D1MX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had my Wiikey ever since Dec/Jan 07 around there...and been enjoying the beautiful fruits of having the chip ever since then w/o having any problems whatsoever (if there were problems soon enough there were updates that resolved that for the most part). I currently have a 3.1U 1.9g Wii and all of a sudden yesterday I take it to my college and it at first doesn't boot my SSBB single layer disc (which has been working/booting absolutely fine since its release.) Then I unplug the power cord, and turn it back on and it magically works. After playing for 3 hours, I go down to the anime club since we were having a game day event, I plug my Wii to the TV and all of a sudden it wasn't reading a legit Mario Kart Double Dash, then I tried my SSBB disc...it wouldn't read it. I tried the same method as before...it didn't work. I go home and put in my legit Wii SPorts...doesn't work. (It would say unable to read disc at the home screen...no icon would appear). I already had the dual channels thanks to SMG NTSC-J
sleep.gif
...but I can still access the Wii Options menu despite having them. I decide to stick some legit discs in there to see if it was just my chip that wasn't working. Now my legit discs don't work either! My internet has been off for at least 2 weeks and during those 2 weeks I no problem operating my Wii and since it wasn't connected to Wifi I doubt anyone has downloaded an update to render my Wii inoperable (since I had no internet..duh.) I'm not sure if the discs are spinning inside the Wii or not, or if the lens is covered in dust. My Wii was set to the wrong date and time last night so I changed it to the current date and time hoping it would circumvent the problem. Alas, I was wrong...so I turn to you guys here. I already trying blowing dust outta the Wii w/ those air canisters...I'm starting to run outta ideas. I did see dust come out of it when I blew the compressed air into it...but still it won't read any legit/backup discs.

Please help! I'm afraid if I can't find a solution I'm gonna have to get a new Wii and lose all my data
sleep.gif
. (Which I don't have the money for now.)

If you need further information to assist me, please ask.

Thanks.

~D1

ItsMetaKnight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That's normal if you use a modchip.
The laser will die much faster!! I've had it before too.

Now I'm using a Wii without any chip. Actually feels much better to actually support the developers. Games are much more fun if you actually bought them, I don't know why.
tpi.gif

When I had a modchip I was like downloading the games and sometimes I was even too lazy to burn them.

D1MX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well...not to be a jerk or anything...but I did make it known that I had it for a year...so obviously its the first chipset that was out.

>_>

Sorry.

Alerek

Trophies
Website
alerek.cjb.net
XP
Country
United States
ItsMetaKnight said:
That's normal if you use a modchip.
The laser will die much faster!! I've had it before too.

Now I'm using a Wii without any chip. Actually feels much better to actually support the developers. Games are much more fun if you actually bought them, I don't know why.
tpi.gif

When I had a modchip I was like downloading the games and sometimes I was even too lazy to burn them.

Saying that a mod chip degrades a laser's life is a bit of a stretch. Yes, it will kill your laser if you're playing 5x as many games as you would play normally, purchased in a store. But at that point, your laser is dying because you're using it a lot more, not because your modchip is in the machine.

Its kind of like saying your car will die faster if you get a bamf sound system installed in it.

Not to discredit buying games. PLEASE support the people who create what you love, so they can continue to do so. I'll be waiting in line tomorrow night for SSBB, just like everyone else.

Rykin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To me, it sounds as if the chip or one of the solder connections to the chip is loose. If this is the case it may explain why it will read games after a restart (I'm assuming the drivecode is modded by the chip when it starts).

I'd suggest looking inside the machine and checking all your connections are still strong a firm. If it seems to be connected alright- disconnect either the PWR or GRD from the chip to see if the system will boot original discs again. If the chip isn't working properly it may be preventing original discs from running (e.g. how SSBB-original doesn't work with Wiikey)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual +1