Hacking My Wii Appears to be Bricked

MBond42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently I was trying to install CIOSCORP for Wii Menu 4.0. Basically, it involved installing the normal wads for CIOSCORP via the Wad Manager, and then installing CIOS60BF.wad on top of that. I installed the files, but when I rebooted the Wii, I got an error message. Then, I rebooted the system and used to preloader to get back to the homebrew channel. I went back to the Wad Manager to uninstall the files I had just put on. I first went to uninstall CIOSBF.wad, which worked, but aftwerwards I accidentally quit out of the application, which would normally mean that the Wii would reboot. Instead, the screen froze, so I did a force reset, only to get a black screen. I think that the SaveMii tool can help me here, although in my situation, I think it involves opening up the console to mess with the the NAND memory. Where can I go to get my Wii repaired and unbricked? Also, is it possible to salvage the sava data already on it?

twofive

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
MBond42 said:
Recently I was trying to install CIOSCORP for Wii Menu 4.0. Basically, it involved installing the normal wads for CIOSCORP via the Wad Manager, and then installing CIOS60BF.wad on top of that. I installed the files, but when I rebooted the Wii, I got an error message. Then, I rebooted the system and used to preloader to get back to the homebrew channel. I went back to the Wad Manager to uninstall the files I had just put on. I first went to uninstall CIOSBF.wad, which worked, but aftwerwards I accidentally quit out of the application, which would normally mean that the Wii would reboot. Instead, the screen froze, so I did a force reset, only to get a black screen. I think that the SaveMii tool can help me here, although in my situation, I think it involves opening up the console to mess with the the NAND memory. Where can I go to get my Wii repaired and unbricked? Also, is it possible to salvage the sava data already on it?

Sorry, but you're screwed.
Never delete any IOS.

The only way you can fix that is by an infectus chip (NOT an Argon, a chip you solder to the NAND) and a valid NAND backup of YOUR Wii, or by sending it to Nintendo (of course without saying you hacked it, they fixed mine with the same issue twice for free because they thought it was a NAND failure. Just say what doesn't work, not why)

-- twofive

menage730

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have the same problem i told them i updated to 4.0 & it was working fine installing wads my 3 yr old pulled the nunchuck & viola thanks for the info bad part to this is they are most likely going to send it back with SM4.0 minus the homebrew channel leaving us screwed until the great ones @ team twiizers have a chance to get to it since they still working on bootmii hopefully by the time we get our systems back there will be a new exploit nintendo said it will take 7 to 16 days

menage730

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ios60 runs SM4.0 once you patched it to cios you overwrote ios60 uninstalling the cios we uninstalled the only way of booting up our wii resulting in a full brick now if we had preloader we would be fine

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
swf3 said:
robiul said:
Guys what did he do wrong, what was he suppose to do?

he used a program thats known to kill wii`s

Would that specifically be CIOSCORP?

I have learned a lot recently. Many of the things said on the board are a least a little familiar to me now.
I've moved from being scared that every little thing will brick my Wii to being a lot more confident that things will work out when I'm at a black screen with white text.

Still there are many things that I haven't been brave enough to touch.
They include CIOSCORP, Preloader, Stuff dealing with the System Menu including downgrading (though I did downgrade the IOSes with IOS downgrader) and a few other things.

I don't want the success that I've had (particularly recently) to make me too brave.

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No he deleted ios's you NEVER, EVER do that. What he should have done was made backups of the original ios's and if something went wrong he could have easily restored the original ones.

MBond42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may or may not help in finding a solution to my problem other than dismantling my console or sending it in to Nintendo for a costly repair, so I'll tell it.
Before attempting to install he files for CIOSCORP for 4.0, I had Preloader installed in case something went wrong. Indeed, when I first rebooted my machine after installing the necessary wad files, I was able to go into preloader without a problem. However, instead of running an System Menu downgrader like I should have, I thought I should instead uninstall via the Wad Manager all the wads I had just previously installed. The only problem with this was that I accidentally quit out of the app as soon as I uninstalled CIOS60BF.wad, at which point I could not boot into the preloader. Is there any reason for why having CIOS60BF.wad installed on my system dictates whether or not the preloader will work?

theoperator288

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny, I do a search and it seems i am not the only one in the dark (black screen of death). I to would like to know why preloader does not start. I mean, in theory it should.

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Preloader 0.29 and the system menu need ios60 to run. If ios60 is not found, they both crash. AFAIK preloader won't try to load other ioses if ios60 is missing, but I don't really want to find out lol!

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when he had preloader installed and when he installed cioscorp on 4.0, he was apost to re-install preloader to get rid of the system corrupt error, either way whats done is done, i think the new USB Loader is the safest and best way to go, now, not to add full speed game loading

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1