PS1/2 ''My wife went psychotic on my PS3..''

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's probably some left out info in that story, like perhaps he's spending 24/7 on that damn thing and not paying any attention at all to his wife.

Edit: oh, and those saying that "even if he did spend all his time on it, it's no reason for her to get pissed" etc., you've obviously never been in a relationship, and never will be.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
m3rox said:
There's probably some left out info in that story, like perhaps he's spending 24/7 on that damn thing and not paying any attention at all to his wife.

Edit: oh, and those saying that "even if he did spend all his time on it, it's no reason for her to get pissed" etc., you've obviously never been in a relationship, and never will be.

Nice , people don't agree with you , so the insults fly. Let me try that , people saying that it's acceptable to destroy a £300 piece of equipment just because you're pissed off and neglected are tossers.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This guy probably had some relationship issues he didn't even mention to make his wife look more guilty then him.

Obviously, this guy had addiction problem and he left that out, they always do.

acoustic.digital

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

exactly. if we assume that his wife is actually NOT mentally ill or something, then he MUST have played 24/7.
this scenario is common, people. my girlfriend doesn't like it either when i play games for like 2 -3 hrs a day. it just depends on what day it was. i mean, if i had a hard day at work, i'll probably end up playing for half an hour in the evening! thats just normal.
but if somebody plays the whole day (he calls that 'enjoying a few blue ray movies' xD), ignoring his wife although she just wants to spend time with her husband... thats cruel, man!
relationships are far more precious than some material game console, no matter how pricey they are (ps3 is the most expensive example hehe)

get a life man. care about your wife!

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
#stOex said:
QUOTE said:

exactly. if we assume that his wife is actually NOT mentally ill or something, then he MUST have played 24/7.
this scenario is common, people. my girlfriend doesn't like it either when i play games for like 2 -3 hrs a day. it just depends on what day it was. i mean, if i had a hard day at work, i'll probably end up playing for half an hour in the evening! thats just normal.
but if somebody plays the whole day (he calls that 'enjoying a few blue ray movies' xD), ignoring his wife although she just wants to spend time with her husband... thats cruel, man!
relationships are far more precious than some material game console, no matter how pricey they are (ps3 is the most expensive example hehe)

Still not justification for smashing the console to bits. Could of done many, many things instead , like just hiding the console , rather than breaking it. Of course if you spend all day playing and ignoring her , she is going to get pissed , but it's still no reason to smash the console , there is no justification for it. Extend it further , he is spending all day down the pub , justification to put the pub windows through? , spending all day with mates , justification to smash them in?.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You are all missing one key thing ... there are a handful of photos of a smashed PS3, and we are taking them as proof of the story.

This is the internet ... stories like this one appear almost daily.

It may be true, but it also may be just a piece of fiction, invented to get atention, and create gossip.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Armadillo said:
#stOex said:
QUOTE said:

Still not justification for smashing the console to bits. Could of done many, many things instead , like just hiding the console , rather than breaking it. Of course if you spend all day playing and ignoring her , she is going to get pissed , but it's still no reason to smash the console , there is no justification for it. Extend it further , he is spending all day down the pub , justification to put the pub windows through? , spending all day with mates , justification to smash them in?.

What are you, 12? I don't see why you are trying to make it seem impossible that the wife had a legitimate reason for going berserk.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Legitimate reasons to go berserk are things such as defending your own life, or the lives of kids/relatives/friends/even strangers ... gaming 24/7 is a reason to leave, not to go psycho ... if this even happened.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
m3rox said:
Armadillo said:
#stOex said:
QUOTE said:

What are you, 12? I don't see why you are trying to make it seem impossible that the wife had a legitimate reason for going berserk.

Hmm , insults again. I'll have a go of that , you're a cock.

Anyway I'm not trying to make it seem impossible for them to have a legitimate reason to go crazy , but from the info it this thread , it doesn't look like there is one. Unless there is a huge chunk of info missing , the ps3 got smashed because he was spending more time on it that she'd like and not spending it with her. So unless something is missing , then for there to be a legitimate reason , then you have to accept that being ignored for something else is justification to smash that object up.

acoustic.digital

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
no, that wasn't exactly what i meant. but people should start thnking before they come out wth omments like:'poor ps3' or 'to hell with that woman'; i mean, why not asking her for a reason why EXACTLY she did what she did?
i think they're both guilty, playing all day without noticing his own wife is bad, and smashing a ps3 is bad, but first he should start geting back to normal life with his wife again before he starts whining about his console.

there's a lot of problems like that in the world, and i think that it shouldn't be left unnoticed.
trust me, i know what i'm talking about because i have seen it with my own eyes (not this particular problem : ), but it didn't revolve around game consoles but alcohol.

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Armadillo said:
m3rox said:
Armadillo said:
#stOex said:
QUOTE said:

Hmm , insults again. I'll have a go of that , you're a cock.

Anyway I'm not trying to make it seem impossible for them to have a legitimate reason to go crazy , but from the info it this thread , it doesn't look like there is one. Unless there is a huge chunk of info missing , the ps3 got smashed because he was spending more time on it that she'd like and not spending it with her. So unless something is missing , then for there to be a legitimate reason , then you have to accept that being ignored for something else is justification to smash that object up.

The guy told the story to the internet. And he didn't think he had a problem in the first place. Obviously there is a large part of the story untold.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
offtopic84 said:
The guy told the story to the internet. And he didn't think he had a problem in the first place. Obviously there is a large part of the story untold.

Exactly.
They could have been having a fight before she took it and smashed it.
She could've done it on pure anger and impulse rather than brooding over it for months like a some attention starved whore.

acoustic.digital

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yes, i'm sure that this guy didn't tell us about the most important parts.

QUOTE said:

hmm, that is what i actually expected : ) all my assumptions base on this very fact : )

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Armadillo said:
thebobevil said:
offtopic84 said:
If he likes his marriage, he wouldn't buy another one.

True

Buy another and leave.

This is the correct response. Screw the PS3, that's not important. BUT for this to have happened in the first place there has got to be something profoundly wrong in the relationship.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-