Hacking My thoughts on DSi specifc games on a legacy Flash Cart

halljames

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hallstudios.co.uk
XP
Country
Just wanted to give my thoughts on if DSi enhanced or DSi only games could be run from a normal DSi Legacy Flash Cart.

I personaly dont see why not. I dont know if the DSi has a specific DSi Mode or not, but at a guess, the new hardware in the DSi (camera and SD slot etc) are simply extensions on its internal memory map. As a DS game/rom/cartridge is actualy in fact "software", this software would simply need to write data to the relevant memory addresses to be able to use the new hardware.

This is very similar to how the GBA expansion slot is used in the DSlite, the ROM software simply needs to address the interface at a specific memory address to use such things as the guitar hero grip, or the motion control thingy bob.

My feelings are that DSi enhanced or DSi only games should be able to work on legacy flashcarts that are compatible with the DSi.

Of course, I could be wrong, and I could just be talking a load of sh*t.

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
When you run a ds game(Or flashcart) the dsi goes into ds mode menaing that in this mode only the features the regular ds has can be used. So it is limited to the amount of ram and processor speed the original ds had and you can't use the cameras either. So, no you can't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.