Hacking My Switch intermittently said "An error has occurred"

bloodfalco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi everyone, I am back again.

I really was wondering whether my SD card reader on Switch is already faulty or is it my SD card itself is faulty, please help me to determine the faulty part.

Like the title said, when I played games, suddenly there is a message "An error has occurred" and it happens quite often even after I reformat my SD card to FAT32.

If the issue is indeed the SD card reader, is there anyone who knew how much is it to change the SD card reader module? Also anyone who knows who can reassemble it?

Thank you

bloodfalco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Is there any self diagnostic homebrew available? If yes, I am unable to find it anywhere. Can the forumers please help me to redirect to the correct software?

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if its the sd card you can just try another sd card or do some rigorous data integrity scans on pc. I usually just buy a new sd card.

bloodfalco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
if its the sd card you can just try another sd card or do some rigorous data integrity scans on pc. I usually just buy a new sd card.

Hi @Captain_N Thanks for replying. How to identify whether my SD card slot is indeed having problem? Is there any self diagnostic homebrew that I mentioned above?

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to test the slot i would try different sd cards. If all of them have issues then its the slot. Trouble shooting is a lengthy process

bloodfalco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Thanks captain_n. Btw, is the problem possibly was because, I previously copied my Nintendo folder from my exFAT? When I use exFAT, it usually corrupting my sd card. And after I format it, I copied the Nintendo folder back to my "previously exFAT now FAT32" sd card.

The thing is, when I use my 16 GB SD card, the SanDisk Ultra 16 GB HC, it had 0 problem at all, the slot detected it properly and booted Switch up

May I know which SD card is the best for Nintendo Switch? I am currently using SanDisk Ultra 128 GB XC

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wonder if heat comes into play. Does your switch ever get hot? Mine does sometimes. Could that be an issue? I’m having a similar problem and I already replaced the card slot and reformat my micro sd card.

bloodfalco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Wonder if heat comes into play. Does your switch ever get hot? Mine does sometimes. Could that be an issue? I’m having a similar problem and I already replaced the card slot and reformat my micro sd card.

I think this is possible. Because when I played FF7 with Omnislash patched included, it sometimes acts like that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello, test you card with h2testw on PC,
But this will format you card, so make backup.

Will do bro. Later I will tell you the result

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A little yeah...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, [insert wut here]
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm a little hi, but bout to fix that.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now I'm low, i was upstairs in my wifeys kitchen, now I'm downstairs in my dungeon.(My basement)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    do you mind? i snuck in with amiibo and jars, and am trying to do my thing brony style
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    have you ever regretted saying something immediately after saying it?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah what i was doing was trying to cure my ever-so-apparent crabs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    my younger brother is forcing me to play with him and my cousins are here *sigh*
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ that Hack a hacked 360 vid was neat, never knew it existed.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I thought it was interesting.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm this video is clickbait
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a dazzel capture card some place in storage
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I got a dazzel capture card some place in storage