Hardware My switch also bent.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I know. I could've took a pic and I know people wont %100 believe me because I didnt, but I made a thread because I heard it was happening to others. When it happened to me I never heard of it happening to anyone else. I just thought maybe I f*cked up something and should take care of the switch more. Also wasnt able to take a pic because my first reaction after seeing it bent was to bend it back in place and leave it alone for a while.
Chances are it might bend again. So it does, I am actually rather interested in seeing a picture of it.

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: KevinLSX

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fraeking bullshit, no device can become hot enough to bend plastic in sleep mode. You sir are a bullshitter.

Pip'
This. I can believe that it will bend from extended use in the dock as it does get hotter in the dock due to the clock going up and the console being mostly concealed other than the vents. But having it bend while in sleep mode on a bed is total bs.

KevinLSX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This. I can believe that it will bend from extended use in the dock as it does get hotter in the dock due to the clock going up and the console being mostly concealed other than the vents. But having it bend while in sleep mode on a bed is total bs.

Thats when I found it bent. It was on my bed and I went to go put it back in the dock. I dont know what did it or when exactly it happened.
What do you guys think? I just sat and watched it bend while it was on my bed? I never said thats where it happened. I just assumed it happened while it was on my bed, since I didnt notice it until then.

Also let this thread die. I have no pics.
If it happens again I will take a picture

jpx86

Trophies
XP
Country
Fraeking bullshit, no device can become hot enough to bend plastic in sleep mode. You sir are a bullshitter.

Pip'

The problem didn't happen to you, therefore it could never happen to anyone else?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Bent? In Sleep mode? In your bed?
Are you sure none of your bed clothes got burn marks now?

Seriously, the device most likely have overheating protection and would turn itself off.

Benja81

GBATemp Sporaddict
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He probably just first noticed the bending after picking it up off the bed, and jumped to conclusions. Likely if it was bent, it happened in docked mode.

How long will it be before the first 'cooling' dock comes out w/ fans built-in?

Reactions: jpx86 and KevinLSX

KevinLSX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are current pictures of the switch. Not as bent as it was but still kinda is. It still works

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Attachments

• 20170404_174209.jpg
    20170404_174209.jpg
    451 KB · Views: 253
  • 20170404_174027.jpg
    20170404_174027.jpg
    447.3 KB · Views: 226
  • 20170404_173905.jpg
    20170404_173905.jpg
    341.8 KB · Views: 210
  • 20170404_173849.jpg
    20170404_173849.jpg
    325.5 KB · Views: 234
  • 20170404_174125.jpg
    20170404_174125.jpg
    364 KB · Views: 210

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can see the bend. It's pretty slight, but it's still there. Hell, it's slightly less bent than the first two pictures of the link in the first post of the other bent switch thread. And you say it used to be worse than that?

Those pictures alone could have probably sufficed as evidence your switch bent. A worse bend probably would have drawn asinine suspicions of you bending it yourself just for attention.

Last edited by s157,

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If it was so easy to unbend barehandely I am more inclined to believe that people is bending it by very emotional usage during fights on Zelda on portable mode.
I mean, heat is not a believable reason, it won't bend at 50°C maximum temperature previously measured, it won't even at 100°C and that will burn your hands to hell, hard not to notice.
Physical stress applied to it seems like a way more reasonable explanation, and if this was the case people can start complaining now about the metals used on it being as weak as those used on the bendable iPhone 6. But the heat explanation is not believable.

PS: Also, not sure what it will be useful for, but thanks for your serial number! /s (perhaps I am paranoid but I would blur those things out of a photo)

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it was so easy to unbend barehandely I am more inclined to believe that people is bending it by very emotional usage during fights on Zelda on portable mode.
I mean, heat is not a believable reason, it won't bend at 50°C maximum temperature previously measured, it won't even at 100°C and that will burn your hands to hell, hard not to notice.
Physical stress applied to it seems like a way more reasonable explanation, and if this was the case people can start complaining now about the metals used on it being as weak as those used on the bendable iPhone 6. But the heat explanation is not believable.

PS: Also, not sure what it will be useful for, but thanks for your serial number! /s (perhaps I am paranoid but I would blur those things out of a photo)

In that case, does that just mean the Switch bends easily? I don't know as I never tried to forcefully bend it nor will I ever attempt to do so. Those bent switch's in the other thread could have actually sneezed while holding their switch with a particularly strong grip or something along those lines.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In that case, does that just mean the Switch bends easily? I don't know as I never tried to forcefully bend it nor will I ever attempt to do so. Those bent switch's in the other thread could have actually sneezed while holding their switch with a particularly strong grip or something along those lines.
I don't really want to try using force to bend mine, but if you happen to be adventurous let me know of the results.

PS: But I see myself doing it if I ever get too infuriated by a boss fight, you know, some times you get too much into the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu