CJL18

OP
Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
i was at work yest and i told my cousin he could play my wii while i was at work. he has a legit copy not backup copy of mario power tennis and he did the update . Now i have 3.4 and i hear homebrew doesnt work with this firmware. Am i screwed now until the hackers find a way around this protection?

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CJL18 said:
i was at work yest and i told my cousin he could play my wii while i was at work. he has a legit copy not backup copy of mario power tennis and he did the update . Now i have 3.4 and i hear homebrew doesnt work with this firmware. Am i screwed now until the hackers find a way around this protection?
No, there are easy ways to downgrade from 3.4. I don't know the process since I've never had the problem but search around a bit.

dajavax

Trophies
Website
www.dajavax.tk
XP
Country
Mexico
if you already had the homebrew channel it should still work... if you didn't have it... the latest twilight hack works... also there are ways to downgrade... just search for the tutorials... there're plenty... soo don't worry and don't blame your cousin... you didn't tell him not to upgrade...

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
And this happens if you don't install an Update-Blocker (Starfall, Preloader, Modchip) on a Wii on Kids have acess to
rolleyes.gif
. So basicly, your fault...oh, and one Topic is enough, ok?

Anyways, first: Homebrew works still with 3.4...only problems that can maybe occur are with Backup-Launchers/cIOS, I think..if you want to downgrade..there are many Tut's for this...like this one. Simply do everything, except in Step 3 Number 2,3,4, if you don't want a Backup-Launcher.

Please, search next time. I simply typed: "Downgrade 3.4" in the Search-Button, and there it was...
~Blue-K

swf3

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Puma said:
Install IOS 16 with wad mgr, cIOSRev7 with custom wad mgr, and then Anyregion changer.

mate you shouldnt ask for "Donate to SoftMii" in your sig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! take it off Nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
and maby start telling guys how it can brick there wii`s
pleases guys dont give money to theses cowboys!

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, you can still recover from this. You can downgrade to 3.2 and them make sure it will never happen again, by installing Preloader to block updates from disc.

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
kedest said:
Yeah, you can still recover from this. You can downgrade to 3.2 and them make sure it will never happen again, by installing Preloader to block updates from disc.
Or Starfall

You should be ok. My Wii is chipped and I was at 3.4E but decided to downgrade anyway so I could play around with the HBC and wads etc (I'm naturally very inquisitive). Had no problems at all doing it, and everything has been fine since running hard and soft mods together.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
swf3 said:
Puma said:
Install IOS 16 with wad mgr, cIOSRev7 with custom wad mgr, and then Anyregion changer.

mate you shouldnt ask for "Donate to SoftMii" in your sig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! take it off Nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

So Softmii bricked your Wii, thats great i'll think i'll donate now. Thank you softmii

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiBlaster said:
swf3 said:
Puma said:

So Softmii bricked your Wii, thats great i'll think i'll donate now. Thank you softmii
Lol, what a hate action.

But I think there shouldn't be any option to even donate to SoftMii...

Also not how all their stuff is just a package from waninkoko & team twiizer stuff...
And they gave it for free... why even want to donate for something you can just download. Even if it isn't in one rare file... 0_o

Anyways...
Downgrade with cios_fix (rev7/8) / IOS 16 via Wad manager...
And that shit, use search...

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm in no way taking up for softmii or mii or anything in relation to cioscorp, but the truth is, its been tested by many, and if installed correctly you wont brick,

But its not Noob Friendly and does contain bugs, you can stick a noob friendly guide on it, and call it friendly but its not,

I'm just sick of hearing softmii bricked my wii, When its most likely user error or crappy removal instrucitons

now swf3 i've read your thread about softmii bricking your wii, and you even say yourself it was your fault so why are you spamming all over every other thread putting down softmii??

When it seems to me you bricked yourself

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=134...p;#entry1762828

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
softmii also has some EXCLUSEIVE apps

for ex:Softmii tweak toy,parsemii and some great info!

so stop bullshitting stuff and Yea,softmii CAN brick your Wii IF You dont follow the guide correctly...ugh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok