wanttabe dev
OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
my son bought a 360 with a 4 gig hd and it is almost full is there a way to change out the hd and keep all of his data and still have the 360 os intact

thanks in advance to anyone with answers that may help me figure this out

Xexyz

GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. The 4GB Xbox 360 doesn't have a hard drive. It actually flash memory built in. You just need to buy a drive and it will work as normal. You can get a new hard drive here. Here are instructions to put the new hard drive in.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As Devin said, buy a flash drive, copy everything to it, install a new 360 hard drive and copy everything back. 360s 'os' resides in internal flash memory, but you will need to update your system again with the new hard drive.

Alternatively, you can use up to two flash drives with it, both up to 32gb each. The biggest you can get with a 360 hdd is 320gb,which will usually run you $130+tax.

Xexyz

GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As Devin said, buy a flash drive, copy everything to it, install a new 360 hard drive and copy everything back. 360s 'os' resides in internal flash memory, but you will need to update your system again with the new hard drive.

Alternatively, you can use up to two flash drives with it, both up to 32gb each. The biggest you can get with a 360 hdd is 320gb,which will usually run you $130+tax.
You can buy 3rd party 320gb hdd for $40-$50.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: This looks like one of their premium models, so... $150 :glare: