Hacking My softmodded Wii can't detect my ISO's on my USB drive!

borgmanjayce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I softmodded my PAL Wii which I had updated to 4.3 using ModMii mainly to play backups as well as use homebrew.

I'm using as my USB hard drive for the Wii a 1TB Western Digital Elements hard drive which has 3 NTFS partitions; 1 called Elements which is used for backups of my laptop hard drive as well as storage of things like fansubs after being downloaded onto my hard drive, 1 called Wii ISO's and which is for ISO files and 1 called Wii Homebrew.

My main problem is that none of the USB-compatible loaders can detect the USB partition for the ISO's even though WiiMC can detect the partitions without a problem and I can run the media files within it.

I've tried the likes of Configurable USB Loader, NeoGamma and USB Loader GX without success.

I've installed all the relevant cIOSes and USB Loader GX claims that it can't detect the relevant ones either.

If anyone can help me solve my problem, I'd be very grateful.
smile.gif

EDIT: I was checking my iOSes via Multi-Mod Manager and it's saying that the current iOS loaded is iOS 236 and even when trying to change it to iOS 249 or iOS 222, it still changes back to iOS 236 after going back into Multi-Mod Manager!

borgmanjayce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sao Mortel said:
Try the other usb port!! WiiMC work also with the other port ;not usb loaders its the bottom one you need

Sorry if I'm coming across as being noobish but which USB port would that be if the Wii's in a standing up position with the power and reset buttons on the top and the disc eject button on the bottom?

egurgle

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
with ur Wii in horizontal position use Bottom USB port.
if u used ModMii to softmod ur wii, then u have HBC 1.08, IOS 58. But, u should use FAT32 with cluster 32k to better compatibility,, not NTFS. Dont worry about iso games >4gb cause WiiBackupManager autosplit files.
wink.gif

borgmanjayce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've downloaded WiiBackupManager and I've set it up to transfer the ISO's from the folder on the C:\ drive called "Wii ISO's" to the E:\ partition on the external hard drive which I've formatted into a FAT32 one.

On another note, I still haven't got my question answered as to why every time I try to change my cIOS to the one needed for the USB Loaders and other homebrew, MultiModManager lets me change it but it won't stay changed at all.

egurgle

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Are u mean MMM load 236 always? as default IOS???
Simple,, check ur SD root,,, there is a file called mmmconfig and if u edit it, u will see AutoLoadIOS=236.
Thats the reason why MMM always use 236
wink.gif

borgmanjayce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I tried your advice and edited the mmm-config file and it worked. Only problem now is that certain games won't work at all, and out of all the USB Loaders, only Congfigurable USB Loader seems to want to work with the games that do work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...