Hacking my sd isn´t getting detected by monster hunter xx

Krakataua

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey everyone,
I have recently gotten this 3ds with luma on it and i wanted to play monster hunter double cross with an english patch on it.
So far it was working fine but yesterday i started up the game and my sd card isnt being detected by the game. If someone could help me resolve this issue i´d be very thankful.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Copy everything off your SD card onto a computer.
  2. Reformat it as FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size using Windows File Explorer or guiformat.
  3. With it empty, do a Full Write + Verify Test with H2testw.
  4. If it passes without error, delete the *.h2w test files.
    • If it fails the test, replace the card. Go back to step 1 with the replacement card.
  5. Copy everything back on the card and reinsert it in the 3DS.
  6. Turn on the 3DS and hold the (Select) button to access Luma3DS configuration.
    • If the game uses luma/titles external patches, select the (x) Enable game patching.
    • Make sure the ( ) Disable ARM11 exception handlers is NOT selected. * Unless the specific plugin or patch requires this disabled.
    • luma_config.png
If you're using the original card and it passed H2testw.
7A. Launch MHXX with English patch. Success?
8A. If the game is not working, go to step 7B.​

If you're using another card because the original was found to be bad or fake.
7B. For any salvageable games, try backing up saves and extdata with Checkpoint or JKSM.
8B. Reinstall the *.cia games with FBI and restore the saves + extdata with whichever used save manager.​

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: KleinesSinchen

Krakataua

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i shouldve included this in my thread but my sd also has problems copying to my pc the specific file thats causing these problems is 00000004. the copying process stops and drops down to 0 bytes im grateful for your quick response nonetheless.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i shouldve included this in my thread but my sd also has problems copying to my pc the specific file thats causing these problems is 00000004. the copying process stops and drops down to 0 bytes im grateful for your quick response nonetheless.
This sounds like the filesystem is corrupted and/or the SD-card is dying.

The entry 00000004 is not a simple file but the directory containing the games. You can try to recover the data at least partially by copying each sub-directory in 00000004 one by one into the corresponding backup folder in your computer.

Retrieving all data might be possible or not, but it’s most certainly not easy if a normal copy fails. A tool like dd_rescue would retrieve the most data as it ignores the filesystem completely (that way you would see if the card is at least still readable). Extracting data from a dd image is extra work.

After copying as much as possible, you can use chkdsk (on Windows) or fsck.vfat (on Linux) to try to repair the filesystem. And then repeat the attempt to copy.

If you want to give up the rest of the data you can’t recover easily, continue by reformatting the SD-card like described in TurdPooCharger’s guide above. Do not skip step number 3. It is important, especially because your SD-card shows somewhat dubious behavior.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: You are already bred!