Is my SD Card corrupted?

hack3r2507

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey, I installed Luma CFW with A9LH some years ago and later upgraded to B9S and everything worked fine. But then my games and themes disappeared. Now, a few years later, I found my O3DS XL again and want to fix that.

I took a look at the SD card and noticed some files that have a size of 0 bytes. In the root the files are named "gm9", "Themes" and "Android" (I put the SD into my phone back then). Inside the Luma folder there is a file called "titles". Those names should normally be folder names I think.
My assumption is that these files were actually folders and the SD got corrupted somehow and the only thing that is left of these folders is an empty file. The problem is, I copied everything from my SD to my Mac and formatted the SD which probably erased everything that was left of the folders. If there was any.

So my questions is: Was my SD corrupted and is there maybe a fix?
Thank you

Doux91

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
luma folder does not show names, only IDs, games and everything installed is on Nintendo 3ds folder and not and the luma folder, just format your sd and start again

Last edited by Doux91,
Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I copied everything from my SD to my Mac and formatted the SD which probably erased everything that was left of the folders. If there was any.
If you still have the 32 character folder that's inside the "Nintendo 3DS" folder, that's were your games & saves are stored, you could copy them back after solving the sdcard problem, and running Faketik afterwards if they don't appear..
So my questions is: Was my SD corrupted and is there maybe a fix?
You should check it with h2testw. Format it as FAT32 32kb clusters first, then run the test with the "read & verify" setting. It should tell if it is failing and/or faulty. If it is faulty, then you shouldn't use it, and you need to get a new replacement sd card and testing it out just the same (yes, even if it's "new").

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ohhh just noticed that myself I bet it makes the Master System port look amazing by comparison lol