Hacking my r4ds wont play some games?

bradstar3000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i try to play some games on my r4ds it says the game data cant be found or is just comes up as a black screen and nothing happends.
is there any way i can make these games work?

Panic101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try these steps I compiled maybe they can help you.

How To Troubleshoot Your Flashcart:

STEP 1: Make sure you're not using the card reader that comes with the flashcart. Buy your own. Always use the "Add/Remove Hardware Safely" function before removing the reader.
STEP 2: Check your microSD card for smudges on the contacts. Clean with a QTIP. You can add a bit of alcohol onto the QTIP, if wanted.
STEP 3: Check your Flashcart for any abrasions or smudges on the contacts. Clean with a QTIP. You can add a bit of alcohol onto the QTIP, if wanted.
STEP 4: Possibly, your Flashcart is not making perfect contact the DS. Try the "Paper Shim Trick" to close the gap and make the space tighter.
STEP 5: Copy all of your games and saves off your microsd card to your computer (BACKUP). Download the latest "Panasonic SD Formatter" and do a full format with this application. Install the latest firmware again from a different/reliable site. Then add on your games and saves to the newly formatted card.
STEP 6: If you're using cheats maybe they are faulty. Get rid of them and get them from a reliable source.
Or just dont put them on period.
STEP 7: Possibly the "GAMES/ROMS" you have are faulty. You know what to do here...
STEP 8: Try another DS. If possible.
STEP 9: If all else fails, get a new Flashcart and/or MicroSD Card from a reputable site.

Tell us if it works or not~ Good luck.

thunduaga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the exact problem dude, it can be one of the above posted problems but im 99% sure its exactly how it was with me. The R4 is old, and as new games come out nintendo figures out ways to prevent you from playing these games. So us hackers have to find a way through all that garbage. The way i fixed it(with the help of the helpful members of GBATemp) was to download the YSmenu from this website and install it on your R4 so you will no longer have R4 firmware, you will instead have the YSmenu witch will allow you to play virtualy any game except an english patched version of Jump Ultimate stars. They say the ARM7 patch fix's it but then you cant play online so it defeats the purpouse

hope that helped

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0