Gaming My R Button doesn't work.

azntiger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Sorry if this is in the wrong topic im newish >_<
Anyways, my R button on my DS doesnt work unless i push it really really hard. Is there anyway to fix it so I can just press it normaly? Thanks in advance
biggrin.gif

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Let me guess... you have a DS Lite. Sadly, this is common with those DSes. The only thing you can really do is use an air duster and blow the dust out from under it. That's your problem - caked up dust. If that doesn't fix the problem, I would recommend getting a new DS (or a shoulder button if you want to open your DS and fix it yourself).

azntiger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup I have a DS Lite. I've blown in it but it's only temperaly when i use the R button in the next 10 min it gets all stuck again. So you think i should use an air duster? Would a keyboard cleaner work?

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Compressed air is fine. I would not suggest using any chemical products though, since it might leak into circuit board.
The bet way to solve this problem for good is to take apart your DS and manually clean the buttons, but it's not recommended to do if you have no experience with electronics.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Form a seal with your lips while making sure the inside doesn't get damp and blow, do not spit, if you spit it will make it worse but it fixed my L button.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had this problem, going to guess your console is out of warranty on the Nintendo one, and your stores warranty?

You could try emailing Nintendo. Who knows, they might be loving
smile.gif

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I know this sounds odd, and you might just LOLWAT? at this but still...listen...

You should try Blowing on the R button and see if that gets it working again. Sometimes dust covers the button's contact and prevents it from operating correctly. If this quick fix becomes the solution then may I suggest either a carrying case that can fit into your pocket or just not sticking your DS in an environment where it could be exposed to lent and other particles of debris that can be found in your pocket.

Remember, your Nintendo DS is not a Game Boy, therefore it is not as durable as you might think.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
gifi4 said:
Form a seal with your lips while making sure the inside doesn't get damp and blow, do not spit, if you spit it will make it worse but it fixed my L button.
This works for me too -- for about 5 minutes at a time. Sigh.
I guess I''ll eventually need to buy a repair kit since mine's 2 years old and out of warranty.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn