My R Button doesn't work.

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by azntiger, Nov 14, 2010.

Nov 14, 2010

My R Button doesn't work. by azntiger at 4:14 AM (1,365 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. azntiger
    OP

Member azntiger GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hi Sorry if this is in the wrong topic im newish >_<
    Anyways, my R button on my DS doesnt work unless i push it really really hard. Is there anyway to fix it so I can just press it normaly? Thanks in advance [​IMG]

2. Skyline969

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    Let me guess... you have a DS Lite. Sadly, this is common with those DSes. The only thing you can really do is use an air duster and blow the dust out from under it. That's your problem - caked up dust. If that doesn't fix the problem, I would recommend getting a new DS (or a shoulder button if you want to open your DS and fix it yourself).

3. azntiger
    OP

United States
    Yup I have a DS Lite. I've blown in it but it's only temperaly when i use the R button in the next 10 min it gets all stuck again. So you think i should use an air duster? Would a keyboard cleaner work?

4. Skyline969

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    If, by keyboard cleaner, you mean compressed air in a can... then yes. Otherwise, show me a picture of what you mean.

5. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Compressed air is fine. I would not suggest using any chemical products though, since it might leak into circuit board.
    The bet way to solve this problem for good is to take apart your DS and manually clean the buttons, but it's not recommended to do if you have no experience with electronics.

6. azntiger
    OP

United States
    I'm not experienced with eletronics so i think ill go for the air duster THanks for the quick replys [​IMG]

7. celeron53

Member celeron53 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I remember reading somewhere, that you had to wet the trigger(lightly, like licking it) blow directly into it. Hope this helps!

8. gifi4

Member gifi4 How am I a 'New Member'?

Australia
    Form a seal with your lips while making sure the inside doesn't get damp and blow, do not spit, if you spit it will make it worse but it fixed my L button.

9. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    I had this problem, going to guess your console is out of warranty on the Nintendo one, and your stores warranty?

You could try emailing Nintendo. Who knows, they might be loving [​IMG]

10. DJ91990

Member DJ91990 Dark-Type Trainer

United States
    I know this sounds odd, and you might just LOLWAT? at this but still...listen...

You should try Blowing on the R button and see if that gets it working again. Sometimes dust covers the button's contact and prevents it from operating correctly. If this quick fix becomes the solution then may I suggest either a carrying case that can fit into your pocket or just not sticking your DS in an environment where it could be exposed to lent and other particles of debris that can be found in your pocket.

Remember, your Nintendo DS is not a Game Boy, therefore it is not as durable as you might think.

11. Snailface

Member Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Antarctica
    This works for me too -- for about 5 minutes at a time. Sigh.
    I guess I''ll eventually need to buy a repair kit since mine's 2 years old and out of warranty.

12. Plasma Shadow

Member Plasma Shadow GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform

United Kingdom
    hahahahah lol it happend to me i just took my ds apart got a r button from an old ds an them put it bak together