my pokemon walker got a rainbow hue

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by migles, Aug 29, 2016.

1. migles
    OP

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    a friend of mine found a boxed heart gold in her attic and gave me as a gift (it was a forgotten Christmas gift back when she played pokemon)
    it was a really cool gift, i didn't had a pokewalker and was missing heart gold from my collection..
    this thing was forgotten on an attic for years the outside i can notice the paper aged
    however the pokewalker was still wrapped in his plastic wrap thing and didn't look humid or anything

however when i was trying with the pokewalker i noticed the lcd had a rainbow hue that can be noticed with reflection
    should i be worried that the lcd is dying, or is there a fix to this "issue" ?

IMAG0420_1.jpg
    (click for zoom)

also, i didn't tried to take it on a walk yet, however i tried to shaking it to count steps, while i was shaking it didn't count any but when i stopped shaking it counted steps for a few seconds after i stop. not sure if this is a normal behavior

Last edited by migles, Aug 29, 2016
  2. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    those hues can be normal if it was left in a hot environment for a long time, its nothing to get worried about. it'll definitely hold long enough for you to get bored with it ;)

the counting too. the pokewalker will always start counting a bit after you start moving it and its somewhat picky about what it counts and what it doesnt.

irregardless, it ends up being very accurate if you actually use it to count real steps for a few minutes.

Ryccardo and migles like this.
  3. Virdoo

Virdoo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    It's normal thing. I have also those rainbow colors on the screen. You shouldn't worry about it

4. migles
    OP

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    thank you, for the explanation now that you mentioned the attic was hot when i picked it up.. and i think my friend mentioned it was always like that..
    is there a way to reverse it? like putting it the freezer or something?
    i understand it's nothing to worry about but it kinda bothers me to see it xD

5. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    i wouldn't think so. it may or may not be a thin film of oil used to clean/polish the screens during production that would require disassembly to be able to clean.you'll get used to it.

6. Virdoo

Virdoo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    You really shouldn't worry about it, it's a normal glare of the screen lens. I have also rainbow glare even if I never left pokewalker on the sun.