gabemontz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello.

I recently modded my switch with a guy that added a chip to it, picofly, and installed hekate v6.0.7.

Everything works just fine, except when I'm dealing with my system memory.

As the title says, when I play Pokémon Violet, sometimes when I try to save my progress, or after a cutscene, or even randomly during the gameplay, I get an error 2002:3540 "unable to access system memory", and the game crashes.

Important note: I'm playing my original digital Pokémon Violet via the original software. It didn't happen with other games (for now, I'm still testing things)
Another important note: This error keeps happening when the switch is docked. I tried to reproduce the error when not docked, but for now it didn't happen.

Thing is, this only happened after the mod, and I'm unable to transfer any game from SD to Internal Memory (I get the same error when I try to do that. Also, this happens when the switch is not docked aswell). Something more unusual happens: I get the error randomly during the progress. It starts the transfer, but after some seconds, or even a minute, I get this error, and it stops. My Pokémon game was fully on SD, I tried to transfer some dozens of times to the Internal Memory, and 5.1gb went in, and 4.8gb was left in the SD.

I tried to redo any steps on launching the cfw again, partitioning the emuMMC, and some other things, none of this worked. Tried to search the error, found a thread here, but it didnt help, as the game that keeps crashing is my digital copy from the original software.

Switch is updated to 17.0.1. Any additional info required will be added further.

Does anyone has ANY idea of whats happening? Thanks a lot.

PhynxVT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Was pokemon violet updated with the latest version a couple of days ago? maybe that is the issue.

You can run a hekate sd benchmark to make sure the card is running at good speeds (~80+ Mib/s sequential)

Have you tried to boot the switch into the official firmware and check if the same thing happens?

gabemontz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Was pokemon violet updated with the latest version a couple of days ago? maybe that is the issue.

You can run a hekate sd benchmark to make sure the card is running at good speeds (~80+ Mib/s sequential)

Have you tried to boot the switch into the official firmware and check if the same thing happens?
Yep, same thing happens on official firmware. And I get 89.13 Mib/s sequential

PhynxVT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
While on the official firmware is the game still installed on the sd card?
Completely remove and reinstall the game on the internal nand while in the official firmware

Since it is a digital copy it will have the latest version update so you could also get your hands on the nsp of the game that isn't updated and install that while in the custom firmware (install on sd card) and see if the same issue occurs

Could also make sure the sd card is formatted in fat32,

Lastly in hekate you can also benchmark the nand memory (console info -> eMMC -> Benchmark

While in hekate I suggest you make backups of the eMMC
eMMC BOOT0 & BOOT1
eMMC RAW GPP

Then boot into lockpick and dump the keys from the emmc

Keep the backups somewhere in case you have a failing emmc nand issue

gabemontz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
While on the official firmware is the game still installed on the sd card?
Completely remove and reinstall the game on the internal nand while in the official firmware

Since it is a digital copy it will have the latest version update so you could also get your hands on the nsp of the game that isn't updated and install that while in the custom firmware (install on sd card) and see if the same issue occurs

Could also make sure the sd card is formatted in fat32,

Lastly in hekate you can also benchmark the nand memory (console info -> eMMC -> Benchmark

While in hekate I suggest you make backups of the eMMC
eMMC BOOT0 & BOOT1
eMMC RAW GPP

Then boot into lockpick and dump the keys from the emmc

Keep the backups somewhere in case you have a failing emmc nand issue
Yes, the game is installed on the sd card.

After dozen of errors, I actually managed to move the game from sd to internal memory, but I keep getting the same error.

I tried to play the game in the custom firmware, no problems at all. Just in the official firmware.

Sd is indeed fat32 format. Already made backups of the eMMC and keys.

I tried to initialize the console, see if it works, but at 99% it shows the same error (unable to access system memory). Tried this like 10 times, same error everytime at the end of it.

The custom firmware works perfectly, not a single error. Only in the official firmware, and that only started happening after the mod.

Im really lost at this

PhynxVT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is your switch a V1, V2 or oled?
Pretty certain there is an issue with how the mod chip interacts with your nand, I would go back to the person who did the install, on a v1 or v2 your nand connects to the modchip board, on an oled there is a small ribbon that goes under the nand

gabemontz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is your switch a V1, V2 or oled?
Pretty certain there is an issue with how the mod chip interacts with your nand, I would go back to the person who did the install, on a v1 or v2 your nand connects to the modchip board, on an oled there is a small ribbon that goes under the nand
Its V2.

Yeah I'm going back to him today, but he has no clue whats happening either.

I told him to check the board and even install another modchip, see if there's any hope.

gabemontz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Attachments

• 92ea698c-f700-4275-bd02-6dbc022809e7.jpg
    92ea698c-f700-4275-bd02-6dbc022809e7.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 15

PhynxVT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Your sequential 16MiB results are lower than expected, should be at least 300 MiB/s

So there is likely a connection issue between your nand module and the mod chip, are you comfortable with opening the switch and taking a look at how it was installed?

gabemontz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Your sequential 16MiB results are lower than expected, should be at least 300 MiB/s

So there is likely a connection issue between your nand module and the mod chip, are you comfortable with opening the switch and taking a look at how it was installed?
I didn't open it yet because the guy who installed the modchip put a seal at the back, if I break it, he doesn't accept my switch back to verify the error, so I'm gonna visit him today, and if nothing works im gonna verify it myself

koko69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the game. I got a retail switch with the legit game and it crashes occasionally. Make sure u got the latest update of the game. It'd just a buggy game. Try playing anything else and it will run fine I guarantee it.

DNikiforov

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have the same error with Scarlet and, as koko69 says, it's a game thing since this doesn't happen with others. I'm looking for a way to get my original game out of the game to play on EMMC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto