My PC doesn't recognize my Nintendo Wifi USB Connector!

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Make sure not to include this link "https://gbatemp.net/download/nintendo-wi-fi-usb-connector-driver.37012/" it's not the driver I'm looking for!
This download definitely contains some Windows drivers (.inf .sys files)

There's no valid driver
Are you using a supported Windows operating system (supported by this old Nintendo device – means Windows XP or Vista), not a newer Windows system? I guess 64-bit Windows won't work anyway.

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is the actual driver. If it doesn't work it simply won't. Kinda weird to leave a 1* review if you are not capable enough to even understand the contents of what you are downloading though.
It should work – on old Windows. Nintendo stuff is made to be used by dummies tech-illiterate people. It should be installing this thing and that's it.

As much as I dislike Microsoft, I have to be fair and give them credit: Windows supports virtually everything old on application level, even if 25 years old, as long as it is already a 32-bit binary.
The driver level on the other side… that is not possible. In most cases an updated for newer OS (and signed nowadays) driver is needed. In case of obscure and non-standard hardware → mostly game over.

Reactions: Blythe93

r1vver

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Wi-Fi_USB_Connector
The Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector is a rebranded Buffalo WLI-U2-KG54-YB based on the Ralink RT2570 chipset.
While not officially supported by Nintendo, the USB Connector can function as a standard wireless adapter by using modified Ralink or Buffalo Technology drivers.
It remains only to download the proper version of hands.dll somewhere and everything will be cool.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

r1vver

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Yep, we has already understood this.
Find drivers suitable for your Wi-Fi dongle chipset and your OS, modify them, sign them and use.
Or get an XP or Vista PC and use the Nintendo drivers (and software).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill