Country
United States
Reactions: Citizen_404

Latiodile

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In a case like this why would you need external apps for specs? We just need rough info. Dxdiag which is built into windows basically has all we would need.
because dxdiag doesn't show extra information like temperatures or specific ram configurations

Xdqwerty

Im bored (he/she/they)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That's a false warning I've used that site for years to check pc game compatibility, but do whatever you want. Since you have to download something for it to check your specs virus sites will probably detect it as intrusive but it's not.

If you check what your pc specs are on your pc you won't get to see what games are compatible. But your pc is old and you shouldn't be trying to play any game from 2023.
Post automatically merged:

In a case like this why would you need external apps for specs? We just need rough info. Dxdiag which is built into windows basically has all we would need.

What is wrong with a site telling you if a game is compatible on your pc or not?

Anyway, you need a new PC unless you're willing to play games from 2012 and older only.

Last edited by Jayinem,

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
atleast i can play games that weight not more than 1 gb

You're assuming that...

I have 16 GB of Ram Nvidia GEForce GTX 1650, but it's only a i5-9300. I am able to play Cyberpunk 2077 and most games until games that are just coming out such as the DLC to Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty, because it requires an i7 cpu. So my computer is strong enough to play it but I'm locked out from playing it.

Citizen_404

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i mean i can play those without my pc crashing
Wait...you can play games < 1GB without crashing. Is that RAM?

I'm guessing (without any real evidence) that your disk drive is probably full. The larger games need more virtual memory, and when it tries to find it on the hard drive, it isn't there, and so it crashes.

Which brings me to what I said earlier...back up your drive, and then get rid of stuff off your drive you don't need. See if that fixes the problem.

At some point, if you are still rocking the original HDD, you probably want to replace that with something new.

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blowing a fan on yourself doesn't cool down your PC...
Even if you blew a fan on the case, it wouldn't help the case air flow.
And if the CPU heatsink is clogged or the thermal paste is dried up, all the air flow in the world won't make any difference. Those need cleaning/reapplying sometimes.
Instead of just assuming it's not overheating, use a program like Core Temp to check the temps.

Also, 4 GB is just not enough these days. Before running any game, close down your web browser and as many open programs as possible. And disable unneeded startup applications. You need as little stuff consuming RAM as possible to give games the best chance to run. But some games just need more. 8 GB is really the bare minimum, and 16 GB is highly recommended.
You can increase the size of your page file as well, you will encounter a lot of stuttering if the page file is used excessively, but it's better than games not running at all.

Came to say this but you covered it already :rofl2:

Your CPU thermal paste dried out 4 years ago bud (needs to be replaced every 2 years MAX on a laptop). It's overheating and shutting off from thermal warning.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Look OP, in layman's terms your pc is old as hell. It's not really fit to play anything modern with that cpu and onboard intel gpu. There's nothing you can do about it apart from getting a newer, better pc/laptop.

Reactions: Citizen_404

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Came to say this but you covered it already :rofl2:

Your CPU thermal paste dried out 4 years ago bud (needs to be replaced every 2 years MAX on a laptop). It's overheating and shutting off from thermal warning.
2 years is probably excessive, but definitely after 4-5 years the thermal paste will be dried up, and the dense heatsinks and small fan grills on a laptop get clogged easily as well.
what is a page file?
It uses your drive as additional virtual memory.

1696333033358.png

Accessed by right clicking This PC -> Properties -> Advanced system settings -> Advanced tab -> Click on the top Settings button -> Advanced tab -> Change

By default it's set to automatically manage, and in most cases doesn't need to be changed manually. But you can disable automatically manage in order to manually set it to a higher number, try 8192 or 16384 and enter the same value in both boxes (click Set after changing, or the changes won't be applied)

tomberyx

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
my pc has 4 gb of ram and a decent processor (?) but for some reason it crashes a few minutes after i open some games like pizza tower and roblox
Your Pc is very weak for advanced games I would recommend you to close all programs that are running in the background of course only programs that do not disturb the system and very important disable your internet or wifi so your PC can build up more air for your games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.