My pc crashes when im playing some games

Xdqwerty

Im bored (he/she/they)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
my pc has 4 gb of ram and a decent processor (?) but for some reason it crashes a few minutes after i open some games like pizza tower and roblox

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my pc has 4 gb of ram and a decent processor (?) but for some reason it crashes a few minutes after i open some games like pizza tower and roblox
Truthfully with specs like that I'm shocked you made it that far. But if the thing is crashing it is likely memory capping. People tend to say 8gb isnt enough. I couldnt imagine that poor machine trying to run on 4gb. That thing needs and upgrade.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
What temperatures are you PC reaching?

you can use a good test to test you memory also.

the normal causes for crashes on high demand moments are: (no special order)

• Overheating.
  • bad PSU
  • physical memory errors
  • bad drivers
  • bad or not correcly seated graphics cards

Reactions: Citizen_404

Xdqwerty

Im bored (he/she/they)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Truthfully with specs like that I'm shocked you made it that far. But if the thing is crashing it is likely memory capping. People tend to say 8gb isnt enough. I couldnt imagine that poor machine trying to run on 4gb. That thing needs and upgrade.
i dont have money to buy another pc
Post automatically merged:

What temperatures are you PC reaching?

you can use a good test to test you memory also.

the normal causes for crashes on high demand moments are: (no special order)

• Overheating.
  • bad PSU
  • physical memory errors
  • bad drivers
  • bad or not correcly seated graphics cards
my pc isnt getting too hot when playing bc i always using a fan near me bc its hot in my house

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
not everyone can afford the fashion of very high end computers, my personal computer is a i5 6th gen with 8 GB of RAM and works fine for all I need.

Reactions: AncientBoi

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

my pc isnt getting too hot when playing bc i always using a fan near me bc its hot in my house

You don't have to buy another entire PC to upgrade the amount of ram. Also, just because you're by a fan doesn't mean your PC isn't running too hot. For example, a PS5 pumps out 37+ degree C air out of it. If I set it next to my ac it doesn't mean the PS5 isn't still pumping out 37+ degree air.

Are your GPU drivers up to date?
Are all of the PC fans working?
Did you install an app to actually check the temps instead of guessing?
Are all Windows updates installed?
Did you check the Windows Logs for error messages?

not everyone can afford the fashion of very high end computers, my personal computer is a i5 6th gen with 8 GB of RAM and works fine for all I need.

No one has suggested they buy a "very high end" computer.

Reactions: Citizen_404

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So is mine :) Don't know what Gen though

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is your Celeron even a dual core CPU?

4GB is the bare minimum, you want at least 8 to 16GB as a minimum these days. 24 to 32GB recommended
Also if its hot in your house, your CPU is way more likely to overheat.

I could get a Mac Mini with 4GB of RAM to go unresponsive just trying to load a Friday Night Funkin level.
And that thing ran a 4th gen Core i5.

If anything i'd suggest saving up your money to get a new PC or build a new one that will satisfy your needs.
Or if you can, save up your money, find a used gaming PC, save your money again and upgrade that used PC with new parts to squeeze more performance.

Xdqwerty

Im bored (he/she/they)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Is your Celeron even a dual core CPU?

4GB is the bare minimum, you want at least 8 to 16GB as a minimum these days. 24 to 32GB recommended
Also if its hot in your house, your CPU is way more likely to overheat.

I could get a Mac Mini with 4GB of RAM to go unresponsive just trying to load a Friday Night Funkin level.
And that thing ran a 4th gen Core i5.

If anything i'd suggest saving up your money to get a new PC or build a new one that will satisfy your needs.
Or if you can, save up your money, find a used gaming PC, save your money again and upgrade that used PC with new parts to squeeze more performance.
my pc doesnt say if its a dual core

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
intel celeron cpu 2.16 ghz 64 bit OS windows 8.1
Celeron processors are not designed for gaming, but rather for simple internet browsing and performing basic tasks. When it comes to gaming Celerons are bloody awful.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Post automatically merged:

Blowing a fan on yourself doesn't cool down your PC...
Even if you blew a fan on the case, it wouldn't help the case air flow.
And if the CPU heatsink is clogged or the thermal paste is dried up, all the air flow in the world won't make any difference. Those need cleaning/reapplying sometimes.
Instead of just assuming it's not overheating, use a program like Core Temp to check the temps.

Also, 4 GB is just not enough these days. Before running any game, close down your web browser and as many open programs as possible. And disable unneeded startup applications. You need as little stuff consuming RAM as possible to give games the best chance to run. But some games just need more. 8 GB is really the bare minimum, and 16 GB is highly recommended.
You can increase the size of your page file as well, you will encounter a lot of stuttering if the page file is used excessively, but it's better than games not running at all.

Xdqwerty

Im bored (he/she/they)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Blowing a fan on yourself doesn't cool down your PC...
Even if you blew a fan on the case, it wouldn't help the case air flow.
And if the CPU heatsink is clogged or the thermal paste is dried up, all the air flow in the world won't make any difference. Those need cleaning/reapplying sometimes.
Instead of just assuming it's not overheating, use a program like Core Temp to check the temps.

Also, 4 GB is just not enough these days. Before running any game, close down your web browser and as many open programs as possible. And disable unneeded startup applications. You need as little stuff consuming RAM as possible to give games the best chance to run. But some games just need more. 8 GB is really the bare minimum, and 16 GB is highly recommended.
You can increase the size of your page file as well, you will encounter a lot of stuttering if the page file is used excessively, but it's better than games not running at all.
what is a page file?

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I wasnt telling them to buy some $1000+ machine lol. I was just saying that a machine like that in the modern day is probably mostly useful for light servers and web browsing.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

Xdqwerty

Im bored (he/she/they)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.