My pc crashes when im playing some games

pojes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't have to buy another entire PC to upgrade the amount of ram. Also, just because you're by a fan doesn't mean your PC isn't running too hot. For example, a PS5 pumps out 37+ degree C air out of it. If I set it next to my ac it doesn't mean the PS5 isn't still pumping out 37+ degree air.

Are your GPU drivers up to date?
Are all of the PC fans working?
Did you install an app to actually check the temps instead of guessing?
Are all Windows updates installed?
Did you check the Windows Logs for error messages?

No one has suggested they buy a Baby Girls dress"very high end" computer.
Hello. Ive tried everything, reformatting, tweaking , EVERYTHING, im tired of my pc crashing when i play a steam game or a origin game, ive read enough forums that windows 10 isnt friendly to 3rd party game applications, should I just switch to linux?

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello. Ive tried everything, reformatting, tweaking , EVERYTHING, im tired of my pc crashing when i play a steam game or a origin game, ive read enough forums that windows 10 isnt friendly to 3rd party game applications, should I just switch to linux?

That didn't answer the questions I asked. I'm pretty certina you didn't try "everything". Please answer the questions. Mainly what your actual temps are and what your Windows logs say at the time of the crashes.

3rd party game applications? Like... huh? If you're reading "enough forums" that tell you that complete nonsense, you're reading some worthless forums. Over 50% of Steam users are running Windows 10. WIndows 10 in itself has absolutely nothing to do with your issues.

If you're having this many problems with Windows, Linux certainly isn't for you.

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is support for windows 10 if you are not already using it. The minimum CPU and RAM requirements for it are the same as for stock 8.1. Whether it will run well compared to 8.1 may be a different matter but it should increase the amount of games you can play even if it might be just a little bit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.