Hacking Question My patience ends more and more

DocBo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am still on 1.0.0.
I would like to wait for the emunand support but there is no information if and when it comes.
My switch is already lying around all the time and I can not do much with it.
Homebrews are always failing and only a handful of games are running.

1. If I update, which is the best version?
2. Can I choose the version at all?
3. If I use the rajkosto method and something goes wrong, can I restore the nand again?
4. Or should I take the official way but how can I choose the version?

Last edited by DocBo,

metaljay

Trophies
XP
Country
i agree slightly, i get everyone is focused on decrypting SX OS, but if i had emuNAND id be happy and content; following the guide without burning fuses is quite tedious.

Reactions: DocBo

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am still on 1.0.0.
I would like to wait for the emunand support but there is no information if and when it comes.
My switch is already lying around all the time and I can not do much with it.
Homebrews are always falling and only a handful of games are running.

3. If I use the rajkosto method and something goes wrong, can I restore the nand again?
  1. Latest firmware for highest homebrew compatibility. 3.0.2 to not worry about ruining your cartridge slot
  2. Yes
  3. Yes
  4. Official way has a risk of burning the fuses which will prevent you from "downgrading". Using rajkosto's method is noob-proof and guaranteed to not burn your fuses when you update

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you gonna use 1.0 for ? Update already.. all firmware are supported right now..
Not everyone wishes to use a jig and USB cable or keep their console in sleep mode permanently afterwards to use hacks. While we can respect that you do not mind, please share that same respect for others who do not wish to update.

Last edited by Draxzelex,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see no reason not to update to 5.1.0 using rajkosto's method. You can prevent the cartridge slot from being updated, even though it probably doesn't matter in the long run.

Yes, but again, I see no reason not to update to 5.1.0 following rajkosto's guide.

Yes.

Updating by normal means will burn your efuses, which is not recommended if you want a downgrade path back to 1.0.0.

So if i use rajkosto's method, i can downgrade to 1.0.0 if i want?!
That is correct.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if i use rajkosto's method, i can downgrade to 1.0.0 if i want?!
Yes, you can downgrade from any firmware as long as you don't burn any fuses which will happen if you ever boot the Switch outside of RCM. His guide will make you install AutoRCM to ensure you only boot the Switch from RCM so keep that in mind.

Reactions: Lacius and DocBo

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not everyone wishes to use a jig and USB cable or keep their console in sleep mode permanently afterwards to use hacks. While we can respect that you do not mind, please share that same respect for others who do not wish to update.
With the trinket m0 internal mod you can coldboot into cfw by simply holding the + button on any firmware. It works great and a trinket only costs $8.

I get that many people don't know how to solder, but if you're into homebrew and stuff like this it's an incredibly useful skill.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the trinket m0 internal mod you can coldboot into cfw by simply holding the + button on any firmware. It works great and a trinket only costs $8.

I get that many people don't know how to solder, but if you're into homebrew and stuff like this it's an incredibly useful skill.
This is opinionated, but booting the Switch into RCM requires less skill than installing the trinket. Not to mention that you have to pay for the trinket which can still be a turn-off to some people. Lastly, some people have broken their pin 10 with a paperclip. Who knows what kind of damage they can do if they try installing the trinket.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand why people are talking about the game cart slot getting ruined by updating the console?

4.0.0+ contain a firmware update for the GameCard controller chip, once flashed, it might not work properly on versions before 4.0.0 once you insert a cart.
the same would happen even if you ran 4.0.0+ firmware via emuNAND, chip firmware would still get flashed.

Reactions: lordelan and DocBo

RedHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Same here I'm waiting too. That coldboot feature is too tempting, also I feel bad updating my 2.3 console after all that time taking dust for nothing. I really hope we will get emunand in the next SX update. That not burning fuse method is too tedious for me.

DocBo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hmm only that I understand correctly.....rajkosto´s method will update the cartridge too?
So if i get back to 1.0 i cannot use my cartirdge?!

INobody

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm only that I understand correctly.....rajkosto´s method will update the cartridge too?
So if i get back to 1.0 i cannot use my cartirdge?!
If I understand it right it upgrades the cartridge slot (software wise) and we can’t downgrade it yet and maybe never. So if you go down again it’s not usable.

PS: Check your PMs

Reactions: DocBo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-