OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Alright. Here goes.

I don't know anything about hacking, so this might be a total n00b idea, but...

well, what if you'd have, say, two EU DSi's.
both DSi's have got Pyoro. Both have a SD card inserted with Pyoro copied to it.
Could it be possible to somehow "compare" the two games, and then erase the data that isn't the same, a.k.a. the data that says "this game belongs to this DSi"?
And then have a program, with which you can compare a "naked" game, like the Pyoro above, with your own Pyoro, after which it take the "additional" data from your game
(Meaning the data that links the Game to your DSi), and saves it?
And what if all DSiware get uploaded "naked", after which you can use the same program as above to patch the downloaded DSiware game with your data, which it saved before (again, the "this is your DSi" data)?
after which you can put it on your SD card, copy to your DSi, and play?

I know, it sounds pretty flawed, and again, I don't know anything about this (so no flaming, please...), and I know DSi Mode is unhacked and all, but please, share your thoughts and opinions.

PS: I'm not addicted to Pyoro or anything
rolleyes.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know squat about coding either, but it sounds like a good idea to compare the same program from two separate DSi's to determine the special ID tagging in the coding. I would think a talented hacker would have thought of this and tried it by now though.

Isabelyes

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm sorry for being rude, maybe I misunderstood you, but wouldn't it be easy?
Not that I'd be able to do it myself, but I'd think it would be
more easy than making homebrew etc.
unless you're referring to a program doing the opposite of trimming (that's the right term, right?).

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No it would be hard but I think you misunderstood me, I meant that making the program be able to understand how sign the channel correctly to make the DSi accept it. Because yet it would be easy to make the program fill in the blank, but it would be hard to make it fill it in correctly.

fmauNeko

Trophies
Website
www.blogjaune.fr
XP
Country
France
If it works as the Wii firmware (and it probably does, because of the similarities between the two NUS servers), a ticket is installed in the flash, and even if you copy your DSiWare app on the SD card, the ticket stays in the DSi and is verified.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok and? That doesn't change the fact that we still have to make a program to correctly sign the DSiWare apps to be accepted by your DSi.

I think we should just do what we did with the wii and instead of trying to copy the DSiWare make something that installs them (Like with wadmanager and the wads).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans