Gaming My only complaint about the WiiU

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buying on the WiiU eShop is a complete failure. At least here in the US, anyway. You can only put in increments of $10, $20, $50, or $100. Current games are $9.99, and then add sales tax. Retail download games are $59.99, and then sales tax.

This is complete stupidity on Nintendo's part, as you CANNOT pay for a $60 game in one go, you have to be all complicated with it. And the $10 option is pointless right now, there's nothing under $9.99. And even then, you HAVE to put $20 on it to get a $9.99 game, and then you're only able to get one game.

Nintendo, why are you so inept at online purchases? Do taxes not exist over in Japan? Or could you at least give us a "Pay Exact Amount" option? This is a complete failure at online purchasing.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Buying on the WiiU eShop is a complete failure. At least here in the US, anyway. You can only put in increments of $10, $20, $50, or $100. Current games are $9.99, and then add sales tax. Retail download games are $59.99, and then sales tax.

This is complete stupidity on Nintendo's part, as you CANNOT pay for a $60 game in one go, you have to be all complicated with it. And the $10 option is pointless right now, there's nothing under $9.99. And even then, you HAVE to put $20 on it to get a $9.99 game, and then you're only able to get one game.

Nintendo, why are you so inept at online purchases? Do taxes not exist over in Japan? Or could you at least give us a "Pay Exact Amount" option? This is a complete failure at online purchasing.
Unless you use a credit card to directly pay for stuff I don't think the PS3 can either. The options for it are 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 50 and max (150 minus current amount in wallet) while there are $70 games on there.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Erm...you DO know that the money left over is put on your account, right? So it can be used for future games you ever want to buy.

I know it's not very convenient if you want to buy just one game online in the entire wiiU lifespan, but the complaint seems a bit overblown to me.

Reactions: Wizerzak

yagami69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

I hope they add this soon, it already exists in 3DS eShop, wonder why is not present in WiiU

HaTaX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you pay with a credit card you can put exactly the credit needed to purchase a game on your account. That how I bought all of my eShop titles and I currently have $0 in my account waiting to be used. Probably no way to work this with store bought credit, have to use a CC on your last purchase to bring the balance to zero when purchasing a title.

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
This problem also exists with the 3DS shop and I hate it personally. Mainly because you "charge" funds to an account and when you are left with 0.01. You can't use the leftovers until it adds up to enough money to buy something else. Wait a minute...this could be a marketing ploy, sneaky.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fully recommend no one ever put there CC info on a server run by Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo.

All of my online purchases for the Wii or WoW or anything like that have been via buying cards at the store so if they get hacked they can have some expired cards.

That's my two cents on the subject.

HaTaX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a citibank card they allow you to create virtual CC numbers good for one purchase, I use that for most all of my online purchasing. Otherwise if you tell eShop to not retain your CC info for future purchases, they won't have all the important information retained on their servers.

Also, the 3DS shop lets you do the same "top up" of your credit to purchase a game and leave $0 in your account. I'm sure Nintendo will get better about this as time goes on, but really if you purchase a card at the store there isn't much you can do to make that match a game purchase price.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: And that game stick i'm tired of mentioning