Gaming My NDSi died after the disassembly

flavio1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, i need help to understand my problem. I don't understand electronics.

I bought a Nintendo DSi very dirty but it was working. I disassemble to clean all its plastic.
After everything was assembled I pressed the power button the blue light came on and the bottom screen flashed and it turned off. The top screen did not light anything.
It was late I was tired I left him charging battery and went to sleep.
When I woke up I opened it again and for a moment it remained with the blue light on but the two screens did not light.
I opened it again, reconnected all the ribbon cable and now it doesn't show any sign of life.

I tested the 3.6V battery and it had a 4.1V voltage
using a multimeter in continuity mode I tested the Fuse F2 and it was OK.
I tested the F1 fuse and showed no sign of continuity.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello, i need help to understand my problem. I don't understand electronics.

I bought a Nintendo DSi very dirty but it was working. I disassemble to clean all its plastic.
After everything was assembled I pressed the power button the blue light came on and the bottom screen flashed and it turned off. The top screen did not light anything.
It was late I was tired I left him charging battery and went to sleep.
When I woke up I opened it again and for a moment it remained with the blue light on but the two screens did not light.
I opened it again, reconnected all the ribbon cable and now it doesn't show any sign of life.

I tested the 3.6V battery and it had a 4.1V voltage
using a multimeter in continuity mode I tested the Fuse F2 and it was OK.
I tested the F1 fuse and showed no sign of continuity.
That's weird. Maybe you could post a picture of the mother board? What did you use to clean it?

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Are you sure the power cable is properly connected? (The little cable going from the small power board to the main board, with a white connector and black/red wires.)
If that F1 fuse is actually blown then it is probably the problem and it needs to be replaced.

flavio1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That's weird. Maybe you could post a picture of the mother board? What did you use to clean it?
I just cleaned the plastic, the PCB didn’t

Are you sure the power cable is properly connected? (The little cable going from the small power board to the main board, with a white connector and black/red wires.)
If that F1 fuse is actually blown then it is probably the problem and it needs to be replaced.
Yes is connected, but do you know where the battery fits? I tested continuity from there to the red wire and found nothing
could i just put a wire in place of the fuse f1? And what about my battery being 4.1V that didn't cause any damage?

Attachments

• IMG_20201118_184943.jpg
    IMG_20201118_184943.jpg
    736.3 KB · Views: 225
Last edited by flavio1,
Reactions: Alexander1970

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I just cleaned the plastic, the PCB didn’t

Yes is connected, but do you know where the battery fits? I tested continuity from there to the red wire and found nothing
could i just put a wire in place of the fuse f1? And what about my battery being 4.1V that didn't cause any damage?
The battery being at 4.1V is normal, it says 3.7V on the label but it can be as much as 4.2V when fully charged. The red wire goes to the battery contact marked as + and the black is -.
You could put a wire in the place of the fuse, but if the issue that caused the fuse to blow in the first place still exists then you risk damaging the system even more.

flavio1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The battery being at 4.1V is normal, it says 3.7V on the label but it can be as much as 4.2V when fully charged. The red wire goes to the battery contact marked as + and the black is -.
You could put a wire in the place of the fuse, but if the issue that caused the fuse to blow in the first place still exists then you risk damaging the system even more.
The red until + no sigh
The black until - is ok

I got. any idea what might have caused the fuse to blow?

flavio1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@IC_
I put a wire in place of the F1 fuse and now I have a red wire signal to the +

but i'm afraid to put this card in the system and it will ruin some c

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I got. any idea what might have caused the fuse to blow?
Since you previously had incorrectly connected ribbon cables that caused the system to shut off just after turning on, it's possible that you somehow plugged one of those cables in a way that caused some of the pins to make a short circuit.

flavio1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Since you previously had incorrectly connected ribbon cables that caused the system to shut off just after turning on, it's possible that you somehow plugged one of those cables in a way that caused some of the pins to make a short circuit.

is it possible to find out if there is a short circuit in any ribbon cable?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You may have accidentally tore the ribbon cable, this is something that happens a lot, and is very hard to replace.
I will disassemble everything again to see all the cables

Reactions: wicksand420

flavio1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@8
I feel bad for having damaged. I just wanted to clean, it was very dirty. I left it disassembled 8 days before assembling it back, this can cause some problem?

Amez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If the blue light comes on when you hit the power button - but the screens do not flash at all... the wifi board is usually not connected properly.

However, now you say it's totally dead - the power boards in the DSi's were very temperamental, what happens when you connect the charger now? does the charger light flash at all?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: just look it up