My life is now complete.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
the N64 controller, AKA a controller designed with three-handed mutants in mind. ;O;
The same way manual transmission cars are designed with three-legged mutants in mind. Or people with an enormous dick. Check your enormous dick privilege, Foxi ;O;

Reactions: Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The same way manual transmission cars are designed with three-legged mutants in mind. Or people with an enormous dick. Check your enormous dick privilege, Foxi ;O;
I am very privileged. :shy:

As for manual transmission, you don't really need to keep your foot on the break at all times - you only need it when you break. I was also told that humans have two hands - they can use them to manipulate two objects at the same time. I'm just ableist like that. ;O;

Reactions: Veho

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I was also told that humans have two hands - they can use them to manipulate two objects at the same time.
Do you operate the brake pedal with your hand? :huh:
As for manual transmission, you don't really need to keep your foot on the break at all times - you only need it when you break.
You also don't need to keep your thumb on the D-pad at all times, since you're never using it and the analog stick at the same time.

I was also told that humans have two hands
Technically, on average, people have less than two hands. Do the math :tpi:

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Do you operate the brake pedal with your hand? :huh:
You operate it with your foot when you don't have to operate the gas pedal - it's within reach. What I was referring to was the gear stick.
You also don't need to keep your thumb on the D-pad at all times, since you're never using it and the analog stick at the same time.
It's not within reach though - you have to move your hand to the other grip. There's also the Z button that suffers from the same issue - if you're using the D-pad, you can't reach it easily. This is a bit like putting the break pedal (analog stick and Z button) on the passenger's side (middle grip) rather than the driver's side so you have to switch seats (grips on the controller) to reach it. tl;dr Controllers should have two grips. :P
Technically, on average, people have less than two hands. Do the math :tpi:
Yar, t'is true. ;O;

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
http://segaretro.org/XE-1_AP

This is the XE-1 AP Mega Drive controller by DEMPA. As you can see, it has an analog stick as well as shoulder buttons... and it was released long before the N64 or the SNES, in 1989 to be exact. Mmm... it feels so good... ;O;
Shit, that has to be the most uncomfortable controller EVER.

I mean, MORE THAN THE N64's PAD.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well I wasn't. Stop mixing parallels.
I replied to both possible issues with a manual gearshift, it's called "covering your bases". ;)
And the clutch isn't within reach, you have to move your foot to the other pedal.
In this analogy, the legs are the thumbs and the grips are the front seats. The clutch is well-within the reach of your foot, just like the brake is.
And cars should have two pedals.
Engineers also saw this issue, that's why automatics exist. ;)

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
In this analogy, the legs are the thumbs and the grips are the front seats. The clutch is well-within the reach of your foot, just like the break is.
*brake

And the second grip is well within the reach of your hand, you just switch over. Or, conversely, they are both equally wildly impractical and designed for mutants.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
*brake

And the second grip is well within the reach of your hand, you just switch over. Or, conversely, they are both equally wildly impractical and designed for mutants.
You don't have to move your whole hand on a dual-gripped controller, all of the inputs are well-within your reach, thus a dual-gripped controller is a better, more ergonomical solution. Not sure why you're arguing against that, probably just to tickle my jimmies. ;O;

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
two people have a convo... and me.

get

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.