Hacking My Legal reasoning for using USB Loader

SomeGuy2009

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was board so I decided to post how I use my Soft Modded Wii and all the various USB Loader floating around.

Bottom line is I own a physical purchased (from a legit game store) copy of my games. (Most but not all are Kids Games).

My 3 little off-springs tend to play with the Wii Games Disc like toys ect.. So I copied all my Games I purchased and load them onto my USB Hard Drive and use one of the Wii USB Loaders avail on this board to play them. This way I dont have to worry about loosing disc/games as I have already lost a few of them. And I do not have to worry about 2 or more games being jammed inside my wii console at the same time thus breaking my Wii DVD Drive ect..

Had I not SoftModded my Wii and had the ability to copy games I purchased to my USB Drive and play them without needing the physical game disc I would have lost all my games by now and even if I had any left the DVD Drive in my Wii Console would not work anyways. lol

Being a person who writes code from time to time for a charge I can relate to most companys charging for all the hard work and time they spend producing products to help people like us have fun and with the Wii being a Family Oriented Game Console Hard Work should pay off in the back end somehow.

So there you have it, That's my .02 cents on why/how I use these usbloaders and why I SoftModded my Wii.

Whats everyone elses reasoning for SoftModding there Wii and Playing/Ripping Wii Games onto there Wii Console?

Just Curious,

SomeGuy

schnitzelbrain

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Three persons at home

man plays golf and .....
woman plays wii fit and ......
child plays mario party and ............................................................................

everything ends up in
not finding disks
the are in different covers
getting scrached because they are not in the covers..............................

solution:
usb loader, everyone is happy

SomeGuy2009

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
schnitzelbrain said:
Three persons at home

man plays golf and .....
woman plays wii fit and ......
child plays mario party and ............................................................................

everything ends up in
not finding disks
the are in different covers
getting scrached because they are not in the covers..............................

solution:
usb loader, everyone is happy

I like it......... I couldn't help but laugh as I can relate.

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
SomeGuy2009 said:
So there you have it, That's my .02 cents on why/how I use these usbloaders and why I SoftModded my Wii.

Whats everyone elses reasoning for SoftModding there Wii and Playing/Ripping Wii Games onto there Wii Console?

Just Curious,

SomeGuy
Wow... .02 cents? xD

I softmod and play/rip games just for the satisfaction of doing so. Also, like the user above, I'm poor and my parents probably would not allow me to buy all the games I now have access to.

thatcoolguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
+1 for being poor. i'm a university student so money's a bit tight right now lol. some games like madworld i bought after pirating because i really liked it but most of the time i just dont feel like forking out the cash, yay for honesty

raptir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I won't lie, I do pirate some stuff, but I use the USBLoader specifically for other reasons.

- I like having all my games in one place. As I'm a college student, it's much easier to transport a small hard drive back and forth than a big case of DVDs.
- Some games work better on the USBLoader. House of the Dead: Overkill in particular. The game has stuttering that makes it nearly unplayable that is almost eliminated on the USBLoader.

Devvar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, that's the intentions of the USB Backup Loader. There's a reason for it being called USB Backup Loader, not USB Warez Loader.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Nintendo doesn't sell games where I live. So I download games and use the USBLoader. So its really not my fault. I am actually forced to pirate by Nintendo themselves! Pretty weird huh?
wacko.gif

Devvar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bowser said:
Nintendo doesn't sell games where I live. So I download games and use the USBLoader. So its really not my fault. I am actually forced to pirate by Nintendo themselves! Pretty weird huh?
wacko.gif
Then how'd you get a Wii?

rajnika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Actually i'm ripping my own game into USB drive to avoid switch discs and be able to lend them (or even give, yes) to my brother. Also i won't lie either i pirated a few games, most of them i'm glad i didn't buy them because 1. it's a bad game or 2. its good but not worth the price.

But else, there's a nice list of games that i first downloaded, tried them and bought. Having my own dvd, being able to lend/exchange games or even have manual, stars from Nintendo of Europe, box etc... i bought ! Last example is Boom Blox, a game that i'd never buy without testing it before.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Devvar said:
bowser said:
wacko.gif
Bought it off a guy who probably got it smuggled or something.

thc42O

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bowser said:
Devvar said:
bowser said:
wacko.gif
Bought it off a guy who probably got it smuggled or something.

cute fairy tale, you could have just said u bought it on fleebay

gllt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gllt.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
thc42O said:
im poor, and been pirating everything i can since i first discovered the internet way back in the 90s

hahaha, I love you.

Eon-Rider said:
QUOTE(SomeGuy2009 @ Apr 25 2009, 05:09 PM) So there you have it, That's my .02 cents on why/how I use these usbloaders and why I SoftModded my Wii.

Just Curious,

SomeGuy
Wow... .02 cents? xD

I softmod and play/rip games just for the satisfaction of doing so. Also, like the user above, I'm poor and my parents probably would not allow me to buy all the games I now have access to.

.002 Cents

lol verizon math

---

I think I use mine half-and-half, but never really cared.
I respect piracy restrictions to the extent that I will not heavily discuss or distribute it in places like this where it wouldn't be nice for the owners.
But I'm not entirely against it, for that matter. I do think though that this trend lately of promoting to buy the small developer's cheap games people are stealing is cool though.

Servdogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pirate media because I think the very idea of enforcing copyright and restricting access to data is misguided considering the ease at which data is distributed today. I also am poor, but I would still pirate stuff even if I could afford all the games I want. I don't make any money off piracy, but just hook my friends up with wii mods and burned videos and music. And much of the copyrighted material being distributed by pirates (I have in mind classic games and such) is simply not available or not practical to use with the original consoles when emulators are way better than the original consoles and easier to use. I could spend hours blowing into my cartridge trying to get my Tecmo Super Bowl to work, only to have it get fucked up right away and freeze, or I could just use an emulator, and have it run flawlessly at all times. And then I can fit 3000 classic legal backups of classic games onto a single DVD or I could lug around all those cartridges and store them in my one bedroom apartment. When faced with these types of choices the decision to pirate is a no-brainer.

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Doesnt matter how you use the Wii. NintenDOH hate you for doing anything you like with it.
An example. I called about getting a replacement Wii Speak code and they told me a few things.
If you use a rechargable battery in the wiimote you void the warranty.
If you use a wireless numchuck you void the warranty.
If you put any kind of homebrew on you viod the warranty.
If you get your Wii stolen but not the Wii Speak and you buy another Wii you have to throw out the Wii Speak and buy a new one.
If you do use any 3rd party hardware or accessory with the Wii it voids the warranty.

After a 2 hour phone call getting all this from them I now refuse to give them a cent and I now pirate everything from NintenDOH. I also tell everyone I know to do the same.
If NintenDOH are going to be that rude then so will I.

Now, as you would've put on the homebrew channel and the usb loader then you have viod the warranty and NintenDOH wont touch your Wii or wont help you in any way.
I recommend to go rent your Wii games and start pirating them if you dont already.

I love the USB Loader. Rent games, install, return. Even faster and easier than copying them now.
smile.gif

If you do want a copy just use the WBFS PC programs and dump the ISO then burn it.

IF you want to get childish like NintenDOH then "they started it". I did buy games and accessories but now I wont. F! THEM!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Weird I have been playing MSU enhanced Genesis games for a while now lol