Hardware My "L" Button is dying.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
For the last month, my L button has began to stop working on occasion, and it's getting worse. There's about a 1 in 25 chance that when I press L, it will actually work. My 3DS is still under warranty and I was wondering if I could get this repaired or if it counts as "Wear and Tear" so the warranty doesn't count.

Is anybody else having this problem? I know the DS Lite had a problem with shoulder buttons, but I have had 2 so far and the shoulder buttons have never had a problem.

dorayaki95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
My DS Lite had this problem last year. I resorted to the tried and true method by blowing into the shoulder button from the little gap. And it improved the situation bit by bit and now it is fully okay :O . 'bout the warranty you could always try sending it back for a check-up. :O there is nothign wrong with trying

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
My DS Lite had this problem last year. I resorted to the tried and true method by blowing into the shoulder button from the little gap. And it improved the situation bit by bit and now it is fully okay :O . 'bout the warranty you could always try sending it back for a check-up. :O there is nothign wrong with trying
I just tried blowing it like you said. And right now it seems to be working fine. Thanks for that. I'll still contact Nintendo about the subject.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I had this problem with my GBA SP. Try putting your mouth around the L-button so it seals the opening and blow a little. And no, I'm not joking.

It is only a temporary fix (or at least it was for me) and I still don't know why it worked, I just read about it on the internet. Let me know if it works.

Edit: Lol, never mind then. Glad you got it working.

dorayaki95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I just tried blowing it like you said. And right now it seems to be working fine. Thanks for that. I'll still contact Nintendo about the subject.
just blow into it once in a while. Little hardware glitches :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.