Gaming My Japanese Coach

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
starfox468 said:
yyeess!! Hopefully it will take me less than 200 hours to "complete" it!
If you're planning on using the language regularly, you should study it for a lot longer than that.

I took four years of it in high school myself so let's see how competent this guide turns out to be.

Uzumakijl

Trophies
Website
www.uzumakijl.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
IGN says it comes september 23.... So If its true we dont have to wait to much, But This with this games you can learn a little at least? It will be great if you can ...

DS Rocks!!!
yaynds.gif

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Not really, many people will hesitate to learn, Japanese looks freakin' confusing from the outside, especially since all they see is Kanji, and Kanji's scary, although not as scary as Chinese.....

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The language itself is fairly easy to pick up, but yah the kanji are a bitch. I did 2 classes (1yr) worth in 2000 ending up college and aced both. My girl has the French package from them and she said it was very helpful as it reminded her a lot of her highschool lessons. The types of things and patterns they use along with the listening, writing, and verbal tests do help if you apply yourself. The Japanese tutor is the same thing, different language, so it should be pretty effective if you give it your all regularly.

bumjeans

Trophies
XP
Country
Hope it will be good. I will be going to Japan next year and would be useful to know a little of the language.

What other learning resources (preferbly free) would you recommend?

Uzumakijl

Trophies
Website
www.uzumakijl.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
kikuchiyo said:
gosp said:
I visited japan and EVERYONE speaks English.

I live in Japan and no they don't.

If you visited a TOURIST region of japan maybe 50% of people know a little of english, but if you visit a non tourist or comercial zone are less tan 20% i think....

P.d. Kikuchiyo I never say jap other time.... XD

Wynd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm at Shibuya, Tokyo aight now. Finishing my Report..
yaynds.gif
lol (wonder why Japanese people can easily learn Eng language while learning jap is hard >.>)

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Because English is English?

Well, english uses only 24 letters, while Hiragana and Katakana combined means around 40, not to mention the freakin' Kanji. Man, why do they have to invent Kanji?

Wynd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Raestloz said:

Well, english uses only 24 letters, while Hiragana and Katakana combined means around 40, not to mention the freakin' Kanji. Man, why do they have to invent Kanji?

What's the usual dialect they used?
bow.gif

sleeping_forest

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
its true... chinese is much scarier =.=;;;; it still freaks me out when i remember chinese school >.> i'm looking forward to this game tho ^.^ i hope it actually teaches kanji and stuff and not only the kanas. and honestly the my chinese coach should be renamed to my manderin coach and they should just make another one like my cantonese coach. that way they could make it a actual my chinese coach pack thing...

sleeping_forest

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Wynd said:
Raestloz said:

bow.gif

what do u mean whats the usual dialect they used? isn't japanese a combination of all 3: hiragana, katakana and kanji?

Wynd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sleeping_forest said:
Wynd said:
Raestloz said:

bow.gif

what do u mean whats the usual dialect they used? isn't japanese a combination of all 3: hiragana, katakana and kanji?

lol I dunno
grog.gif

blink.gif

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm not entirely sure what any of you are talking about. You will see hiragana, katakana, and kanji in any normal Japanese text (I have a delivery notice here in front of me with most of the nouns and verbs in kanji, the corresponding grammar in hiragana and words like driver and homepage in katakana, plus Roman numerals and English).

The "normal" dialect is Tokyo dialect, but there are plenty - I tend to fall into Osaka dialect when I am not thinking but Aomori has two major dialects, southern dialect and Tsugaru, both of which are very hard to understand for people in other parts of the country. Kanji is hard to learn but it's beautiful and it's easy to understand things when they are written, even if you don't know the exact pronunciation when you use kanji. The term I remember is false pregnancy - (pseudocyesis in English, 想像妊娠 in Japanese - if you know the kanji you know the meaning).

Wynd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
kikuchiyo said:
I'm not entirely sure what any of you are talking about. You will see hiragana, katakana, and kanji in any normal Japanese text (I have a delivery notice here in front of me with most of the nouns and verbs in kanji, the corresponding grammar in hiragana and words like driver and homepage in katakana, plus Roman numerals and English).

The "normal" dialect is Tokyo dialect, but there are plenty - I tend to fall into Osaka dialect when I am not thinking but Aomori has two major dialects, southern dialect and Tsugaru, both of which are very hard to understand for people in other parts of the country. Kanji is hard to learn but it's beautiful and it's easy to understand things when they are written, even if you don't know the exact pronunciation when you use kanji. The term I remember is false pregnancy - (pseudocyesis in English, ???? in Japanese - if you know the kanji you know the meaning).

now, Let's see.

Tokyo is like something in The world Ends with You?

Holaitsme

10/10 would be loyal again
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ill download just to see but Japanese is to confusing theres like katakana,hiragana and others,
Now if i do ill just use it to play games since i dont really care if anime is subbed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk