ROM Hack My Game In The Making

[sheep]

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As so many other threads.. im pretty sure this is as far as it goes.. its great that people have enthusiasm to start these projects but they very rarely understand how much work actually goes into something like this, games creators have years of experience, usually doing other things BEFORE they create games, one thing they certainly have is a COMPLETE control of their chosen programming language (usually C++) if you have no experience at all then you face 2 battles, the first is to master the language and the second is to translate your game idea into reality.

Personally the only projects ive ever seen get off the ground in ANY way are the ones that present themselves half finished and the game creator is needing help with gfx or maybe game mechanics.. If only there was a way to give these enthusiastic people a quick start on coding.. but coding is coding at the end of the day and u have to grind urself through every while() loop and for statement.. my advice is if ur serious LEARN TO CODE!!!! asap.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well there are many many easy game makers out there for them to start out by showing a nice little example of their finished game before actually moving the coding elsewhere (At least they have the graphics done?
tongue.gif
) The problem for the most part is that most of them are simply for top-down RPGs, some (Very rarely) for sidescrolling RPGs, and most of them for simple action games.

I've yet to see any good ones for fighting games.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In all seriousnes it doesn't have much to do with C++ really (Besides the fact that it's used for C++), it's just a matter of knowing how things are labeled overall.

In any case, even if this was made, I'm not a large Soul Calbur fan.

I'd much rather see a working MUGEN DS, I'm not sure how far MUGEN DS .1 works, cause it doesn't work at all on my M3 Real
tongue.gif
I'll try loading it from somewhere else though, but the concept of a MUGEN game on DS would be quite nice, although the files would need some sort of high compression to work nicely IMO.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one