Hacking My G6 Lite Experience Thus Far

MaDDaWg836

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's pretty much up to you which language, both are easy even if you only know English.

As for Animal Crossing, im not a fan of the game but i heard that there are no slowdowns. With mario hoops, i played it, i got the "fixed" M3/G6 Version and i just changed the setting to read normal and it works fine!

zim_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
33hoops and AC work perfectly on g6 lite where did you get that info?

also moonshell ndsmail (without save) dslinux (with text browser) ds2key beup nitrotracker ds2win slyphirc draw3 all run on chinese g6 lite in english fine.

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I now have another concern.

It seems like the way G6 Lite's internals is held by the standard size GBA case is only through two plastic bars.

It looks pretty weak and I'm afaird of it breaking when inserting/removing it.

ohmy.gif

ron555

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,

A few more questions:

1) How is the G6 lite on SNES emulation? There are a few games I would LOVE to play again (Super punchout) on my NDS Lite! I read ""NES", "SMS", "GG", "GB" & "PCE", all worked fine." ... but where's the SNES system?

2) What is the typical battery life of an NDS Lite + regular NDS cartridge + G6 lite...?

3) "The G6/L actually saves directly to the cart, without storing them temporarily in memory to be written the next time the NDS/L is powered on1" - Qua..

I've heard this was actually opposite. It saves it in RAM until the next boot. Which story is correct?

4) Quazzy (sp?) said: "The major annoyance with the built in emulator capability is that the roms the G6 software builds are not named correctly - each and every game you copy to the G6/L will have the exact same name. For example, every single GB game showed up as "GOOMBA EDIY"."

Does anyone know if the latest build/software/whatever has fixed this yet?

Falkentyne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
33hoops and AC work perfectly on g6 lite where did you get that info?

Uh...from Falkentyne's post above me?

I think I'll probably go with the Chinese version, should the flashcart maker decide to stop English support. Afterall, it is from China.

People were having problems with 33 hoops, as that game came out before the lastest software; but I think the newest U-disk fixed that.
And AC might work fine now, but I did see posts before about it having problems, but maybe it was fixed already.
I don't play those two games, so....
smile.gif

Falkentyne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

A few more questions:

1) How is the G6 lite on SNES emulation? There are a few games I would LOVE to play again (Super punchout) on my NDS Lite!

2) What is the typical battery life of an NDS Lite + regular NDS cartridge + G6 lite...?

SNES emulation is pretty poor at stock. The third party SNESDS works better, but a lot of games have glitches. There's another program (forgot the name) that has even better compatibility since SNESDS has not been updated in almost a year, but there are still alot of non working games. Forget trying to play any Final Fantasy or any game that uses HDMA, but it should work later on.

Better to just stick with ZSNES on a PC to curb the Punch Out! appetite for now.....

There is another thread on battery stuff.

HugeCock

Oh My....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have both the G6 and the G6 lite.... Have had my lite for 2 weeks now probally longer. Animal Crossings works great on both carts and I have no slowdowns or issues. I have never had the error that people talk about...the corruption error. I always make sure my blue LED is NOT flashing before removing the UDISK from the PC. I have played 20 DS games so far on my lite version of the G6 and had no problems whatsoever except Bubble Bobble which kinda flickers but does that on the other cards I tested it on. Just beat Pac N Roll and NSMB woth no problems. Mario Kart and Tetris I play all the time even over the WIFI. Seriously the 4Gbit size is more than enough. You have to remeber as more games come out we can expect more and more updates which more than likely want you to repatch the games with the new software meaning unless you can beat 12 games in a two week span most likely your gonna beat 2-4 games and then have to wipe the cart and reflash your list of games. Actually I have a 2G old school G6 and the new 4G G6 lite....all honesty I thought the 2G was plenty and thus the 4G is getting crammed with all kinds of games. I am one of those guys who can't have empty space. Seriously I often wonder why people would get any other cart? As it stands you can

*Dump your own games
*Copy saves from original to the rom and vice versa
*Best menu system out there with touch screen, icons, and long file name support
*Quick boot times
*Near/ or at times perfect compatability
*No slowdowns
*Really neat save system for those that understand it. Great for homes with multiple people.
*4Gbit allows me to hold plenty of games

In all reality right now the DS side to me is perfect.

The only con I am aware of is if you DONT apply the real time patch on the GBA side it asks you ever single time you load the game if you want to load the patch. This is the only real thing G6 needs to fix IMO everything else is perfect. Kind of why I quit picking up all the carts out there. Seems to be no point. In my mind I found the true winner. Well I am picking up a NinjaDS soon but thats a whole nother type of kit. Until some other cart does something my G6 can't I am saying G6 fo life!

HugeCock

Oh My....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm, well after reading the request I wondered how I could test the durability of the case. #1 I have a trial version so all of this could be moot but where the PCB goes is sturdy, the bottom half is flexabile but I just tried to break it and could not. Its definatly not my favorite plastic but my no means is it breakable....or at least easy to break. 99.9999999% of the time spent playing my G6 is on the DS side because of the fact that I have so many dedicated GBA carts so most of my reccomendations on the G6 are for playing DS games. G6 needs to do two things actually on the GBA side and thats remove the "do you want to apply the RTS patch" and teach us how to make our own icons for new games instead of waiting for them to update the software. Again my recomendations on the G6 are aimed at the DS side however I may one day part with my GBA kits and make the full conversion to 100% G6 user if they fix that one main GBA problem.

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I asked because I want to use G6 Lite on my DS Phat.

So those two plastic bars are not easily breakable and I don't have to worry about them when inserting them into the burner/DS?

Edit: Thank you HugeCock.

phil2dot6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to beat the dead horse concerning GBA compatibility with the G6 Lite, but I was wondering about another potential problem that might arise. I'm not sure if you've ever heard of this game, but the original developer of Another World, FoxySofts, released an official GBA port to the classic adventure game.

http://www.foxysofts.com/index.php?l=content/gba/anworld.inc
(Mods, this link isn't illegal and was officially released by the developers themselves.)

Now I was wondering if you could do me a big favour and try out this particular game...

Quay Cur

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.happynessplanet.com
XP
Country
United States
Thought I'd chime in on this, too. I ordered my G6 Lite and Passcard 3 (separate, not a bundle) from divineo.com for $112 with $35.00 shipping for some reason, and was evidently shafted. realhotstuff.com has a bundle for $112 (same as divineo) but their cheapest shipping is $7. psxbox.net is somehow selling the two (separately) for $87 total, which makes me mildly suspicious as so many other are charging much more. Psxbox has a $9 or $20 shipping choice.

I don't regret ordering from Divineo, but if I had know that Real Hot Stuff charged so much less for shipping I might have used them.

Edit: All this shipping talk and I don't say where I live (US)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: He's the reason why the banks closed lol.