CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
UPDATE: I've stared another thread over @ http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=206011
so that I can keep all the skins I do together in one place under a more suitable thread title other than 'My first AKAIO skin'

Since I've gone back to the AK2i I've been trying out skins & I really liked the 'Blue XMB' done by VampireX for Moonshell2 (so I can't take credit for the graphics - I copied them from his skin)

Since I've set up the Ak2i the autoboot MS (I can't get MS2 to boot as default OS) - I though I'll also try & 'blend in' the AKAIO, Moonshell 2 'splash' & Moonshell skin together so that they seem to be one-&-the-same (You'll see a quick flash of the AKAIO screen before you see the 'splash', followed by MoonShell - just wish I could get rid of MS white 'status' screen on the bottom when booting)

Anyway - Hope you like it (p.s the blue light is 'disk access' & the yellow should be the brightness control - can't test that as I only have a DSi)

My (first) AKAIO Skin - (compared with VampireX moonshell skin on the right)
4219567298_20d5c9ab41_o.jpg
. .
blueshot1.png

Download: My AKAIO Blue XMB Skin . . . . . . . . VampireX Blue XMB skin for Moonshell
4303093493_540112c1c6_o.jpg
4303106771_2988ba9ac0_o.jpg
Download: AKAIO (Blank/Clock only) Blue XMB Skin

I've also done a simple Moonshell2 'Splash.ini' file - Download Moonshell Blue XMB 'Splash.ani' file
Edited 26-01-10:
I've now done other colours of my skin (all found on FileTrip)
4307227286_b192d22b01_o.gif

4304981672_1b81ae7b03_o.jpg
< Greyscale versions >
4305020384_fde3c20409_o.jpg

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
somerandomguyO_O said:
Epic skin dude. Well done.Considering I didn't have any of the original graphics & used a lot of Copy/paste/Clone tools - IMHO I think it went well
ACWWFANWoot, more skins
biggrin.gif
Not sure about that - took me nearly a day to do just that one - if I do make any more I think I'll get graphics from Google images (or something) & create AKAIO/Moonshell2 packages - although not done a MS skn before MAY be a little trickier due to the number of graphics involved
(MS 2.05 uses 144 graphics, AKAIO/AK2 uses only 25 - big difference !!!!)

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
tomrev said:
Nice skin. I think font of directories on the lower screen should more contrast from background.
How much contrast do you need ?? - I have white text on black background.

If you're talking about VampireX Moonshell version (blue text on black background) I can't do anything about that - only VampireX has the original graphics for it

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Not sure if anyone bothering to look here but...

I've taken a little more time & created another (2) versions of my AKAIO skin

The only differences are:
1) The Lower screen has been modified so that it nearly the same as the Moonshell 2
My original attempt in the first skin just didn't look the same as I used a lot of Select/copy/pasting originally, this time I also 'cloned'

2) The Upper screen has been 'Tidied up' & doesn't show Time/Month/Year/Calender/User name any more although the altered AKAIO skin download actually has 2 versions:
One with nothing showing & One with just the Clock showing (see screenshots in first post)

3) I've also added a quick video showing how it looks compared to the 'normal' files - just to show how it looks (note that for some reason the screns look 'squashed', I don't know what happened there)

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
penthaler said:
Id like to make a request - could you do the same skin but in greyscale color?
These two (you made) looks great - nice work man
Not too sure exactly what you wanted
- but what I've done is made the top screen greyscale'd & changed some of the bottom screen colours to light grey
4304981672_1b81ae7b03_o.jpg
4305020384_fde3c20409_o.jpg

(Try to imagine these with the clock numbers etc showing)

Links to files are:-
Grey - Blank/Clock only
Grey - with Day/Month/Calender/Clock etc

I hope this is what you meant - let me know if it isn't

[If you want/need the Moonshell skin in grey - I'm afraid you'll have to ask 'VampireX' to make you one]

Also thanks - You've giving me an idea... I may just do 'sets' in different colours (not just Blue & Grey)
- I think all I'll have to do is 'colourise' certain parts as needed (just need time to experiment with them to see if it's possible)

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
DaDownloadMan said:
This looks like the R4DS skin. Nice skin though.Does it ?? - As I said in first post, I can't take credit for graphics as I copied VampireX Moonshell2 skin graphics - where he got them from I don't know
QUOTE(Smiths @ Jan 26 2010, 12:02 AM) AHAHAHAHAHAHHA.......i laughed!............I DID IT!
Did what ???... The R4DS skin DaDownloadMan mentioned or the actual graphics used ??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: