My Emerald save is corrupt, bot isn't at yhe same time.

Torch1c

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
The other day I tried backing my save up with gba backup tool, and when I went to restore it, the game started coming up with the prompt the save has been erased because it was corrupt. The save still works fine in an emulator thoigh, and everything seems normal in pkhex, so could someone tell me how to fix it?

inversalAutoDoc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can pull backups and restore them, try starting a new game on cartridge and saving a little ways in (after you get your first pokemon should be enough). From there, boot it up a few times and you should be able to tell if the save chip is faulty or if it's the file.
From the perspective of the save you're trying to get to work, I'd open it up in an emulator, then save again (obv. keeping the backup). Then try the newly saved file on cartridge and see if it still reports corrupted.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
If you have a Nintendo DS or DS lite with a DS flashcard (R4 for example) you can backup the save, fix it with PKhex on a PC or Laptop then overwrite the save file with the new one. Try with GBA Backup Tool.

https://gamebrew.org/wiki/GBA_Backup_Tool

https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX

If you are using a GBA flashcard or unofficial GBA card remember to save two times before quitting the game and or turning off the GBA.

Last edited by raxadian,

Torch1c

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I tried making a new save file like you said, but it still turns up corrupt. Whenever i try editing it in pkhex, it stays corrupt. Same with saving in an emulator. I also tried editing the new save file in pkhex (adding an oddish to box 1) and that save became corrupt too. I'm thinking it might be something to do with pkhex, but i didn't use it at the time my Emerald save got corrupted.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I tried making a new save file like you said, but it still turns up corrupt. Whenever i try editing it in pkhex, it stays corrupt. Same with saving in an emulator. I also tried editing the new save file in pkhex (adding an oddish to box 1) and that save became corrupt too. I'm thinking it might be something to do with pkhex, but i didn't use it at the time my Emerald save got corrupted.

Are you getting the battery is dried messages?

Last edited by raxadian,

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yeah. The battery has been dry since I got it.

If the cardridge isn't green you got a clone instead of the real deal. If it is green take it to a watch store to get the battery replaced, that's how I replaced the battery of my Sega Dreamcast memory cards. Yes seriously. An electronic repair store might also work but they usually don't have the small screwdrivers needed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: ohio