Misc Help figuring out how to extract my Pokémon Emerald save

Asbestos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So a few months ago, I gullibly bought a knockoff copy of Pokémon Emerald off of the internet, and didn't realize until I had already gotten attached to some of my Pokémon that it was fake. So I got ahold of a rom flasher, and while I was able to flash the rom and get the .sav from the pokemon bootleg save extractor exe, when I tried to run it in mGBA, the straight rom, the rom with the .sav, and a downloaded copy of emerald and the .sav all said my data was corrupted. Upon booting it in my actual GBA, the save was just fine. Any advice?

Trophies
XP
So a few months ago, I gullibly bought a knockoff copy of Pokémon Emerald off of the internet, and didn't realize until I had already gotten attached to some of my Pokémon that it was fake. So I got ahold of a rom flasher, and while I was able to flash the rom and get the .sav from the pokemon bootleg save extractor exe, when I tried to run it in mGBA, the straight rom, the rom with the .sav, and a downloaded copy of emerald and the .sav all said my data was corrupted. Upon booting it in my actual GBA, the save was just fine. Any advice?
Personally I've never tried it in this way, but if it keeps failing what I can suggest is starting a new playthrough in mGBA and extracting the save generated from the Emulator, and then using a save genie to basically forcibly add to the new save what you had in the old one

Asbestos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally I've never tried it in this way, but if it keeps failing what I can suggest is starting a new playthrough in mGBA and extracting the save generated from the Emulator, and then using a save genie to basically forcibly add to the new save what you had in the old one
That's probably what I would do if I didn't already have a save. I'm just trying to get the save off of the cart before the bootleg inevitably kicks the bucket.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: im going off now...I'll turn off my brain