OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Figured any of you that are considering returning it for repairs (either paid or under warranty) might like to see it.

39905821.jpg

36456092.jpg

94605676.jpg

41357493.jpg

27508323.jpg

18114687.jpg
Tape or rubber band the envelope to the system? I guess that keeps them together...

Now I gotta' find a correctly-sized box.

EpicJungle

stop browbeating me can't you see i'm sexy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Boo to providing own box.
Thanks for the pictures,
and just out of curiosity, what happened to you DSi?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I should have a box about that size somewhere... maybe in the attic.

Crazzy1 said:
and just out of curiosity, what happened to you DSi?
I happened to it. ^^; Tried to fix the L/R buttons myself and now even less works than before. >>; I'm just going to hope they repair/replace it anyways. ^^;

D

Deleted_171835

Return kit?
I didn't receive a return kit when I sent my 3DS DSi in for my repairs. Just an email with details.
Lazy Nintendo of Canada. :/
Edit: Mistake. Wrote 3DS instead of DSi.
tongue.gif

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
Return kit?
I didn't receive a return kit when I sent my 3DS DSi in for my repairs. Just an email with details.
Lazy Nintendo of Canada. :/
Edit: Mistake. Wrote 3DS instead of DSi.
tongue.gif
So you opted to print your own shipping label?

I opted for them to mail me the stuff. X3

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How much are they charging you? Last time I tried they charged me 60. (20 dollars off) I can't seem to get them to do a free repair anymore. I got them to do it once for my DS Lite.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
It's free, with a DSi/XL you enter the serial number on the back and they can check and tell you if it's under warranty or not (since it's "activated" in-store when you buy it they have a record of the purchase date). I'm still within the warranty period and buttons not working is one issue they will fix for free.

At least, I hope. There's other problems (I suck). ^^;

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How long does a warranty last? I am getting a DSi XL this weekend. Midnight Blue to be exact. I can't wait. I have wanted it since it's release.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FlashX007 said:
How long does a warranty last? I am getting a DSi XL this weekend. Midnight Blue to be exact. I can't wait. I have wanted it since it's release.
If you registered online (club Nintendo) you can get an additional 90 days warranty.

samjef11

Trophies
XP
Country
Rydian said:
Well, just checked and it's listed as fixed and shipped, the UPS tracking says it should be here tomorrow.

I'll see if they even fixed anything, or if they fixed all the issues. X3
Or sent me a replacement...
you also get a letter due to flash card use on your dsi console here's a brand new one with extra protection to stop you using flash card and update won't overcome this ainti protection.

whyyes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
samjef11 said:
Rydian said:
Well, just checked and it's listed as fixed and shipped, the UPS tracking says it should be here tomorrow.

you also get a letter due to flash card use on your dsi console here's a brand new one with extra protection to stop you using flash card and update won't overcome this ainti protection.
Wow Nintendo trolls people HARD. How would they even know? 'DSLite master race here'

D

Deleted_171835

samjef11 said:
Rydian said:

They don't do that. I used an AK2i often on my DSi and got no such letter.
BTW, they sent me a new one. They didn't bother repairing the 'R' button.

mrfraser89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FlashX007 said:
ROFL. I might do that if mine ever brakes. How can you tell you got a new one?

Serial numbers, they also send you back a letter detailing what was replaced (for example I've seen them send back saying video cable / hinge blah blah was replaced).

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
  • Good News
    • The L/R buttons are fully responsive, even on Bangai-O Spirits! And the other stuff is fixed, too.
    • It was repaired instead of replaced, I forgot I had a small little protector in place for the outside camera, that's how I recognized it.
    • The paper they included said they found physical damage and would normally charge, but made an exception this time (and they'll charge next time). >>;
  • Bad News
    • It came back with sticky fingerprints all over the outside shell (not the inside/screen).

samjef11

Trophies
XP
Country
Rydian said:
  • Good News
    • The L/R buttons are fully responsive, even on Bangai-O Spirits! And the other stuff is fixed, too.
    • It was repaired instead of replaced, I forgot I had a small little protector in place for the outside camera, that's how I recognized it.
    • The paper they included said they found physical damage and would normally charge, but made an exception this time (and they'll charge next time). >>;
  • Bad News
    • It came back with sticky fingerprints all over the outside shell (not the inside/screen).
Lol well i sure they won't warranty for the fingerprints think of it as a free gift lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, on that android PC?