Hacking my ds touch screen no longer works

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It is the touch screen, you will also need a tri wing screwdriver to open the DS (READ the guides, break the touch screen connecter and the DS is un repairable)

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I had a similar problem before, but it turned out to be a grain of sand stuck between the edge of the touchscreen and the Ds's casing. Try to brush softly with a toothbrush between your screen and casing, that might just solve the problem.

psywolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try both and yes they have a tri wing touchscreen combo pack at that site
so I guess I can buy that I am scared though to break it further

thanks

I tried DSDiagnose and yeah I'd touch the bottom screen to trace the bottom line and the red line would appear on the middle of the screen instead
the top right seem to trance fine but when I tried a calibration the top right red button won't register

20 bucks for a tri tool and a touchscreen vs 70 so I guess I'll try that
I'm going to go check youtube see if theres someone who made a step by step guide

fearofshorts

Trophies
XP
Country
Remember: it's not a touchscreen- it's a digitizer. It's a layer that goes over the bottom screen to make it a touchscreen. Don't go buying a new LCD screen if you don't need one.

Also: if your DS won't power on afterwards, don't freak out. It just means that you haven't secured all of the cables when you put it back together.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0