my ds touch screen no longer works

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by psywolf, Jul 9, 2010.

Jul 9, 2010
  1. psywolf
    OP

Member psywolf GBAtemp Regular

United States
    my ds touch screen is not working correctly It won't calibrate right. first the bottom left is not responding then the top right stopped and now all over. Do I just replace it with a new one? will the one on this site work for me? is it easy to do?

I was going to call nintendo but thats $70

http://www.gaingame.com/touch-screen-repla...ite-p-6488.html

2. scrtmstr

Member scrtmstr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Have you got a flashcard? If so, download DSDiagnose and use the touch screen check option to see if there is anything malfunctioning. It might just be badly calibrated.

3. Kittymat

Member Kittymat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    It is the touch screen, you will also need a tri wing screwdriver to open the DS (READ the guides, break the touch screen connecter and the DS is un repairable)

4. Demonbart

Member Demonbart GBATemp's guitar hero

Netherlands
    I had a similar problem before, but it turned out to be a grain of sand stuck between the edge of the touchscreen and the Ds's casing. Try to brush softly with a toothbrush between your screen and casing, that might just solve the problem.

5. psywolf
    OP

Member psywolf GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'll try both and yes they have a tri wing touchscreen combo pack at that site
    so I guess I can buy that I am scared though to break it further

thanks

I tried DSDiagnose and yeah I'd touch the bottom screen to trace the bottom line and the red line would appear on the middle of the screen instead
    the top right seem to trance fine but when I tried a calibration the top right red button won't register

20 bucks for a tri tool and a touchscreen vs 70 so I guess I'll try that
    I'm going to go check youtube see if theres someone who made a step by step guide

6. fearofshorts

Member fearofshorts GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Remember: it's not a touchscreen- it's a digitizer. It's a layer that goes over the bottom screen to make it a touchscreen. Don't go buying a new LCD screen if you don't need one.

Also: if your DS won't power on afterwards, don't freak out. It just means that you haven't secured all of the cables when you put it back together.