kniteowl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
This is more of a DS lite problem then a Ace kard problem

My brothers have DSi's and my Sister has a new DS lite which won't read any kards

The Kards I've used are Acekard 2i, M3i Zero and the original R4DS (which I haven't used in along time so I don't know if it works anymore)

It's really strange because the Acekard 2i & M3i Zero work fine on the DSi and since they're both backwards compatible you'd think it'd work on my DS lite.

I don't think it's the Slot 1 Malfunctioning because my legit version of Pokemon Diamond works fine... so I have absolutely no idea what's going on.

It's possible that it might me the 1.4 firmware upgrade I added on my Acekard but I'm not too sure.

Help would be highly Appreciated.

kniteowl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
^ thanks I did it and my DS is reading the r4,

I don't want to do it for my Acekard 2i or M3i Zero because I'd void my warranty.

I guess I'll have to talk to my seller about my DS lite when I buy a new Acekard for the DS lite in case the contacts don't touch with the new one.

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
Why would putting paper between the DS lite and the R4/Acekard 2i/M3i Zero void your warranty?
blink.gif

kniteowl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
lol well this is what I did, I opened up my r4's insides and stuck a tiny piece of folded paper behind the main board where the contacts are (in other words directly behind the contacts inside) and then I put it back together.

On the r4 there's a void warranty sticker ( well i think it's a void warranty sticker) stuck directly on the screw which keeps the kart from falling apart.

I'm not sure how the other karts are held together.

And it's more or less a permanent fix, there was one time it didn't read the card so i kind of squeezed the kart a little to force the contacts out a bit more but apart from that one time it's work every other time.

kniteowl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I was actually following these instructions

QUOTE said:
The DS doesn't recognize my R4!
The reason why yours isn't working is because for some reason the R4's metal contacts are not contacting with the DS's contacts.
This is a somewhat common problem.
To fix it:
1. Remove the small screw from the r4ds.
2. Remove the back and remove the main chip.
3. Tear a small piece of paper off of something and fold that piece but make sure its not very large (you just want the chip to sit a little bit higher).
4. Put the piece of paper onto what is now the front-back side on the place where the contacts used to be sitting on the r4ds and put the chip on top of it, making sure its aligned to the front.
5. Finally sit the back of the r4 on`top of it, snap it together and finally screw it back together.
6. The contacts should now be bulging out just a little bit and they will now make better contact with the DS contacts and it should work.

I tried this when my R4 wasn't working and it fixed the issue for me... this process should fix it permanently; I have been using my modified R4DS for about a month now with no problems.

from this website

http://www.r4ds-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f...p;t=2053#p14675

I'm still unsure if I followed them correctly but I got it working so *shrugs*

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's the best paper fix - putting it inside the cart and actually lifting the contact points. I did this with a M3Simply that would work fine in my DSlite but not in my relative's. It's a year later and it's never failed to be recognized again.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That's all very well, but if the Acekard doesn't work when retail games do, the problem is with the Acekard and not the DS.

If you bend the contacts in the DS for the Acekard, inserting a retail cart will eventually bend them back and you run risk of breaking the contacts.

All you have to do is slide a piece of paper under the Acekard PCB as in this guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=218103#contacts takes about 30secs to do, and the problem is permantly fixed. Plus it doesn't do any harm to the DS.

eggsample

punahussy
Trophies
Website
eggsample.pl
XP
Country
Poland
tk_saturn said:
That's all very well, but if the Acekard doesn't work when retail games do, the problem is with the Acekard and not the DS.

If you bend the contacts in the DS for the Acekard, inserting a retail cart will eventually bend them back and you run risk of breaking the contacts.

All you have to do is slide a piece of paper under the Acekard PCB as in this guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=218103#contacts takes about 30secs to do, and the problem is permantly fixed. Plus it doesn't do any harm to the DS.

Yup that is a little risky but works. I'm doing this only if every cart isn't recognized by DS. Every manipulation has to be done very gently and in strong light.
If only ONE cart wont run is good to check it in different DS. If still wont work try to disasemble cart and clear golden zone with alcohol.

nycsam786

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not think it would void your warranty especially since you do not have to open the cart to insert the paper between the board and the cart. What I always do is, trim down the piece of cardboard that the cart comes in. To better describe it, I take the piece that is punched out so if the box was to be hung on a wall to sell; you would have that piece left over or punched out. I take that piece and I cut off the top portion to make it into a complete (_____) shape imagine a line on the top as well. I take that piece and then I cut it on the ends so it is a trapezoid. I take a sewing needle and insert it under the board and cart and lift ever so slightly enough to insert the piece I just made. It works every time and you do not even have to look for paper or anything else since you will have that punched out piece which came with your AK2i. I hope this helps and if you need a further description, I will try to do my best if requested.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    Time is running out for your phone!
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH
    At 1 AM, this video is the funniest thing in the world
    +1
    AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird: https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH At 1 AM, this video is the funniest thing in... +1