My DS Lite Hinge

basher11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whenever i watch something on moonshell 2 [on my r4] i always leave my ds lite on the table with the screen at a 90 degree angle facing towards me. and then for some reason i heard a snapping sound and i saw that the right side of the hing cracked. O_O i didnt do anything to it. and now i cant keep the screen up unless i hold it.
frown.gif
my mom said to use tape on it. IF IT WAS THAT EASY, I WOULDN'T NEED TO COMPLAIN. So i called nintendo and the lady said "Physical damage" and i had to pay $75. so i said i didnt do anything to it since i got it repaired from them a year ago. she said she'll ask her manager if she can make a one-time exception. The manager said i can only get $35 off and i had to pay $50 total. So i said w/e im not paying for it.

im clearly pissed off. ill try to post a pic of my cracked hinge later.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
They made me pay for my cracked hinge too for 50 bucks. Got it on my birthday, and by next year's birthday, I had to send it off and say goodbye to 50 bucks. I have no idea how they can claim it's physical damage, but I don't think they're giving away repairs for cracked hinges anymore. If you have it under warranty, it's 50 bucks.... But you were gonna end up paying that anyways. If it happens again, there's no way I'm paying them again though.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine busted about 2 years ago. i was pissed. I dealt with it for about 1 and 1/2 years and finally kinda fixed it. i just pit epoxy on the back of of the lid so it sits like i should if it was open, but if that is only if your playing with gravity. if your in bed, it doesnt work at all. gay.

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
basher11 said:
whenever i watch something on moonshell 2 [on my r4] i always leave my ds lite on the table with the screen at a 90 degree angle facing towards me. and then for some reason i heard a snapping sound and i saw that the right side of the hing cracked. O_O i didnt do anything to it. and now i cant keep the screen up unless i hold it.
frown.gif
my mom said to use tape on it. IF IT WAS THAT EASY, I WOULDN'T NEED TO COMPLAIN. So i called nintendo and the lady said "Physical damage" and i had to pay $75. so i said i didnt do anything to it since i got it repaired from them a year ago. she said she'll ask her manager if she can make a one-time exception. The manager said i can only get $35 off and i had to pay $50 total. So i said w/e im not paying for it.

75-35=40? I think they tricked you with their math

basher11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GameSoul said:
basher11 said:
frown.gif

75-35=40? I think they tricked you with their math

woops, i forgot that they said $10 tax. i mean, wtf. 10 bucks for tax and shipping. im starting to hate Nintendo...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up