GBAtemp Slut!
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
the LED chunk came off due to gruesome crack... no pics... Nintendo?
cry.gif

I'm getting charged $75.00 for repairs... Bull SH&!
gonna call their hotline and baby about it!
biggrin.gif

Shoopy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the LED chunk came off due to gruesome crack... no pics... Nintendo?
cry.gif

I'm getting charged $75.00 for repairs... Bull SH&!
gonna call their hotline and baby about it!
biggrin.gif

If you're good with tools and wanna save some moolah you can buys the parts yourself for a lot cheaper.

LCD TOP SCREEN $19

Touch screen $16

and finally

Cross and Trigam Screwdrivers $2

be careful if you choose to do this though it says QUOTENote that this installation requires moderate technical skill. When self-installing, please make sure you are patient and have steady hands as additional damage can result if you are not careful

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
YAY!!!

Me and my bro called the number in the manual on the warranty page and we finally got to talk to someone and we explained what the issue (Post #1) and we kept throwing the warranty card in, first he's like, "Umm... we can give you 1/3 off ($50.00) plus shipping!" But that wouldn't cut it!
biggrin.gif
We went on about how it's Nintendo's fault for the defect and we don't understand why we consumers should pay, especially since we have it under a warranty!!!

So were put on hold for like 3 minutes, we were bored and since we were being record, we sang and screamed body part names into the phone! He must of spoken to a manager because he sounded all nervous because we were kinda pinning for it, he said, "Well what I'm gonna do is put you on advanced repair. So it'll be free of charge!"
There we go Nintendo!
cool.gif

Then he was trying to say that we should of called sooner, he was right.
frown.gif

So in like 2 1/2 weeks it'll be done and I'll have a brand new DS Lite!
Yea Boi!!!

snakeslash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sooo unfair.... I had the same problem and I called a few times and they never let up....

Same problem with the led light falling off cause of the crack. So I had to pay 50 dollars for it.

Fu nintendo. Thats why I mod all your shit lol

1139skates

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go to walmart and buy a brand new DS, then take it home and switch out the ds's. Take it back to walmart with your broken one in the box and get your money back. Walmart is so stupid they will take anything back. I knew someone who wanted a new dvd player so he bought a new one, put his old one in the box and took it back, hahaha

1139skates

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idiots? id say its pretty smart. remember yukine, your not a theft until you get caught. btw, online trash talking is stupid

rice151

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
just buy one from walmart and switch out the systems, haha

wow and i thought my cousin was the only one..

No, i've done it before, but my way is legit!

Luckily for me I can get on Base to a Local Base Exchange store where there stuff is tax free. Well, one week I got a coupon for like 30% off, and I was like, "OMG I WANT A DS LITE, BUT THEY ONLY HAVE WHITE UNTIL THEIR BLACK/PINK SHIPMENT" (Of course this was around the time "Onyx/Pink" were getting rdy to come out."

Well, if you do the math, 130 * 30% Off = 90$
So I got a White DS Lite for 90$! But I had an idea, Walmart carries DS's and they have a ez-going return policy.
So I took brand new unopened White DS Lite to Walmart and told Cust Service, that it was a birthday gift from my mom, but I didn't like the color, is there a way I can just exchange it for a Black one? They said YES, but I was REAL hesitant, because they kept typing in the NPC from the White one and it not coming up...

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
YAY!!!

Me and my bro called the number in the manual on the warranty page and we finally got to talk to someone and we explained what the issue (Post #1) and we kept throwing the warranty card in, first he's like, "Umm... we can give you 1/3 off ($50.00) plus shipping!" But that wouldn't cut it!
biggrin.gif
 We went on about how it's Nintendo's fault for the defect and we don't understand why we consumers should pay, especially since we have it under a warranty!!!

So were put on hold for like 3 minutes, we were bored and since we were being record, we sang and screamed body part names into the phone! He must of spoken to a manager because he sounded all nervous because we were kinda pinning for it, he said, "Well what I'm gonna do is put you on advanced repair. So it'll be free of charge!"
There we go Nintendo!
cool.gif

Then he was trying to say that we should of called sooner, he was right.
frown.gif

So in like 2 1/2 weeks it'll be done and I'll have a brand new DS Lite!
Yea Boi!!!

everyone in that office is going to rub there junk on your nintendo ds lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu