My bi***ing about the switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Yil, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Yil
    OP

Yil GBAtemp Addict

Feb 19, 2014
    Canada
    First, the joy-cons are pretty comfortable when holding separately with one in each hand without the strap. But the strap can sometimes be too big for my hand. Further, the grip is way too light and maybe I should consider getting a charging grip just for the weight someday. Surprisingly enough the charging grip is recognized.
    Second, eshop is empty and I won't get my BOTW special edition til at least Wednesday, and eshop Canada is expansive as f**k with conversion rate over 1.4, and some games are priced with conversion while the rest actually have a marketed price in CAD.
    Third, there is nothing beside 1-2-switch that supports hd rumble for the moment, and I didn't get to try out ball demo during E3.
    Fourth, the parts are not easily replacable. Battery is glued if not screwed to the front plate, a.k.a. the screen, and only certified electrician can handle those things. Also popping off the battery requires removing the main board.
    Fifth, Nintendo customer support is clueless about power rating and he told me voltage over current gives energy instead of power. Luckily I do have a power bank that can handle surface 3.

2. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    This is really better suited for blogs..

3. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    Yea, I was looking forward to try HD rumble, but too bad there is no demo functionality built-in.

4. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Actually fast rmx uses the hd rumble. It doesn't stand out as much as the ball game in 1 2 switch but it's there

5. Yil
    OP

Yil GBAtemp Addict

Feb 19, 2014
    Canada
    Fun fact 1: No batteries in the charging grip, but it did come with a good usb c cable.

lexluth0r likes this.
  6. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    I can't think of any reason why Nintendo didn't add a charging capability in the regular grip other than making people fork over more cash for the 'upgrade'.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  7. Yil
    OP

Yil GBAtemp Addict

Feb 19, 2014
    Canada
    Fun fact 2: Generic Bluetooth dongle will not spot the joy-cons. On the bright size, I never experienced the dis-syncing problem.
    Fun fact 3: It would require a much better controller to get ethernet.
    Fun fact 4: HDMI cable is barely long enough to reach my tv.
    Edit: Broken language.

Last edited by Yil, Mar 4, 2017
  8. Miles54321

Miles54321 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 16, 2010
    Gateway Headquarters with SonyUSA
    with 20hrs + in the joycon i don't mind ,I just need USB C now and a case after i got the system with zelda and bomberman
    Nintendo has outdone themselves, great system but it has to get the 3rd party
    Anyone who also got bomberman tell me, I don't mind playing online, once im done playing Zelda that is

9. JFlare

JFlare anti skiddo

Jan 28, 2017
    United States
    Why does everyone have to point out what they don't like? How about you enjoy the thing for a while first.

10. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    That's because 1-2 Switch was the first game planned to use the HD Rumble feature at heart while the rest haven't. It would've been cool to have Zelda:BotW be compatible with HD Rumble but who cares, the game's awesome either way. :)

While we're at complaining, I found the ball puzzle level on Zelda a bit annoying due to the motion controls but I eventually got done with it. Even my arms from so much waving got tired. :P

11. Xzi

Xzi Console Hacker and PC Gamer

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    It's largely irrelevant since the joy cons have a 20 hour battery life and charge off Switch itself. You're only going to get 6 hours portable at most, so unless you're constantly putting Switch back in its dock without the joy cons, there's no issue.

12. DarkenedMatter

DarkenedMatter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 26, 2013
    United States
    Have you tried a Pro Controller yet, OP? They're pretty a great addition to the Switch.

Saiyan Lusitano likes this.
  13. dimmidice

dimmidice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 12, 2009
    Belgium
    It's a new system. Why the fuck wouldn't people point out the flaws that they perceive?

Saiyan Lusitano likes this.
  14. aofelix

aofelix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 21, 2013
    omg a new console doesn't have many good games out.

*looks at every single console release launch lineup*

TheCyberQuake likes this.
  15. dimmidice

Sep 12, 2009
    Belgium
    Mate, it has 12 games on release. That's way below par to be honest.

Last edited by dimmidice, Mar 5, 2017
  16. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    The Switch Pro Controller for me is definitely a must, otherwise I wouldn't be able to enjoy Zelda as much as I have been.

17. aofelix

Dec 21, 2013

Exactly.. yet people cry about it.

Some of the shit the switch is getting is pendantic ill informed crap. There are definite flaws but BOTW is debatably... fuck it unbeatably the best launch title of any console EVER.

My main issues with the switch
    1. Pro controller should have been included if it is a home console
    2. 1-2 switch price is silly but ok i get it
    3. the dock scratching the screen if true is a design oversight
    4. bluetooth headphone support should have been sorted, looks like an oversight.

all 4 are debatable and all 4 are answered by money shortage and nintendo pushing the envelope for portable gaming hence the high price which they dont want to hike up any further.

Last edited by aofelix, Mar 5, 2017
    chartube12 likes this.
  18. dimmidice

Sep 12, 2009
    Belgium
    Sorry, meant below par.

19. aofelix

Dec 21, 2013

Okay, on launch how many titles did the PS4/XBOX one launch with?

The PS3/XBOX 360?

Can you detail me their LAUNCH titles?

I look & compare and honestly apart from the lack of MK8, I think as a launch title lineup.. its fine.

20. Bedel

Bedel The key of the blade

Oct 28, 2015
    Couldn't this be added in a future with an update? I think this should be in the console from the start, but an update with this would be a good move from Nintendo now.