Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
great kard
wink.gif
first i was shocked cause it said i couldnt run ds games from my sd card (sandisk 4gb, was fine in my m3 real) but now its fine.

i need to convert my m3 real save files (*.0, 512kb) to the format the acekard saves in (.sav, filesize seems to differ).
which tool is recommended an to what format i have to convert to?

greetings, mars

edit: another questions: my m3 real doenst skip the health warning screen at all, but it prevents me from having to press a button. on the acekard i have to. anything to do?

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thank you!

edit: didnt work. none of the saves works anymore. it doesnt say its corrupt or something, it just ignores them.
what wrong?

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Boot the rom on the acekard. Play until save is created. Soft-reset/power down,power up. Wait for processing bar to complete. Turn power off. Change filename of M3 save to match filename of save output by acekard(romname.nds.sav). Replace acekard save with M3 save.

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thanks, was reading this on the acekard forums too.

but i ran into another problem, almost all games keep on crashing or doesnt load at all, no matter what i set the sd card speed to.
im using a 4gb sandisk which works fine with all games in my m3 real.
i read on the acekard forum that others are having the some problem.
this really sucks and i wont buy a new sd card just for the acekard (i own two of those sandisk), so i guess ill sell it if they dont come up with a fix rightaway.

thanks for help, mars

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As far as games crashing goes. Try this: open sdlist.ini. Under the heading sd speed, change this to 4666. If this doesn't help, keep increasing this number in small increments until crashing/freezing stops.

4666 solved the problems(only one that I remember) at the AK forums.

EDIT:
The "problem" is that the RPG, in order to ensure total compatibility, does not patch roms. And since you are using a slower micro sdhc, your card can't keep up with the acekard. Someone might be able to make a rom patch for people that use slow micro sds.
Why don't you just use the NAND for games that are problematic?

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"4666" makes it a bit better (ouendan works, ouendan 2 still randomly crashes ie.) as does every speed settings i tried. none of them works for all games.

my sandisk seems to be class 2 and i need class 6 i guess.

ill wait a week or two and see what acekard comes up with, they seem to support their product very well.
shouldnt be the problem for them to patch the roms if needed like any other card does.

greets, mars

edit: why i dont use the NAND? its not one or two games that crash, its nearly all of them :/

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"4666" makes it a bit better (ouendan works, ouendan 2 still randomly crashes ie.) as does every speed settings i tried. none of them works for all games.

my sandisk seems to be class 2 and i need class 6 i guess.

ill wait a week or two and see what acekard comes up with, they seem to support their product very well.
shouldnt be the problem for them to patch the roms if needed like any other card does.

greets, mars

edit: why i dont use the NAND? its not one or two games that crash, its nearly all of them :/

Since the RPG doesn't patch roms, there is no worry of a rom being released and you having to wait for Acekard to update their firmware to make it work. ROMs will work without problem. I think that is much better than making sure the RPG works with every micro sdhc out there. What you need is for a coder to make a patcher so you can patch the roms yourself. I don't want my total rom compatibility messed up for your slow micro sdhc.

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
that patching could be optional, turned on and off in the special menu.

im getting a sandisk 4gb ultra highspeed II later this day, if that doesnt work too ill stick with my m3 real. patching or not, all games work.

mars

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
how long does it take for a new firmware if a game doesnt workt? same day? next day? they didnt let anyone done yet, and they wont.

anyway, i hope my new sandisk will work with my acekard.

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
how long does it take for a new firmware if a game doesnt workt? same day? next day? they didnt let anyone done yet, and they wont.

anyway, i hope my new sandisk will work with my acekard.

Personally given the choice: wait or don't wait, with the same result in the end; I choose don't wait, whether it's 2 mins, 2 hours, 2 weeks, whatever. And saying a company(be it the guys at M3, Microsoft, Ford, any company) won't let you down is naive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr