Novalon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings!

I recently got an Ice Blue DS Lite but want to know what extra accessories I need. I'm planning on ordering a Hori screen protector since some of the heavily stylus oriented games are notorious for damaging the touch screen.

Anyway, does anyone have recommendations for DS armor and pouches? Play-asia has a DS Protect Armor, which is said to not only protect the DS well but also make it more comfortable to hold; since it's out of stock, I would appreciate some other nominations. I've looked through the pouches but I can't really decide on a definitive one; I could say I'm looking for the best and most reliable extras to keep the DS in a condition as pristine as possible.

AppleJuice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Vague Rant said:
Arkanoid DS, the only other game that uses it (so far?) is awful.
Arkanoid DS isn't awful, it's just Arkanoid, that's what Arkanoid is like.
The DS version even has WiFi. I thought it was fun.

Novalon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These are interesting extras but perhaps, I phrased my question incorrectly. I'm basically looking for some accessories to protect my DS; not extras for any particular game. To reiterate, I am in search of products I should obtain so that I don't inadvertently scratch my DS anywhere. Also, I don't see how the paddle controller would be all that superior in comfort when compared to the original DS controls.

Anyway, I got this idea of comfort when I was reading a review of the Protect Armor DS, which some reviewer claimed to exterminate right angle induced palm aches. Since I often use the DS for comprehensive amounts of time, a comfortable grip would certainly be a must-have item for me.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well if you mean protect in a BIG way, something like this is cool.

http://www.zellers.com/stores/shop/product...828188/57828188

Because sometimes just putting a shell over it isn't always enough.

If you drop your DS and all it has is some lightweight shell, chances are reasonable it might STILL get damaged.

Granted, the carry case won't protect your DS if you are holding it while playing and you're just plain clumsy
smile.gif

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
AppleJuice said:
Arkanoid DS isn't awful, it's just Arkanoid, that's what Arkanoid is like.
This is an insult to Arkanoid. Arkanoid ran at a frame rate fast enough that even when the ball was moving fast, you could actually tell what was going on. Arkanoid DS is crippled by its framerate, once the ball gets moving fast it becomes a slideshow, it's hugely disorientating and for them not to factor in framerate in a game where stuff moves fast and you need to judge its trajectory is stupid.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend one of the special video game related styluses. I used a Kirby stylus for over a year before it finally cracked at the tip, but it never wore down and never scratched the screen. You'll notice that if you buy the mad catz styluses, they'll wear down and start scratching up your screen.

Also, the wrist strap, even though it's impossible to play with it around your arm.

mixinluv2u

Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
A nice stylus for sure. Some of the cheaper ones, cough Chinatown cough, scratched my screen protectors up pretty badly. You don't notice, but if the plastic is hard, or uneven it'll scratch up the screen. Pro Battle Stylus ftw!
maybe it's my protector (i use bestskinsever), but....

i tried the Pro Battle Stylus for a while, but on stylus intensive games it totally scratched up my screen protector. i have circular marks from Elite Beat Agent and vertical marks from Ninja Gaiden.

my girlfriend tried using the pen sized stylus that came as a freebie with the Pro Battle Stylus, and scratched up her screen protector horribly playing Cooking Mama, too.

i don't think anything can beat the original stylus by Nintendo.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
screen protector for touch screen, thats ALL MUST HAVE things.

anything else is just "a + in fun" -accessories

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
Curley5959 said:
I have a Mario stylus (doesn't fit in lite or phat hole) Came with a k-zone magazine but i ended up shoving it in the back of my cupboard because its so gay..
tongue.gif
I have that too. =D

As for the actual topic, there isn't much more you than screen protectors and a crystal/silicon case.

gofret

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Novalon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anent styli, the Nintendo DS Lite Pro Battle one sounds great although I'm wary because of what mix said. Can someone else corroborate this? Was he referring to the Mk. II or the older model? Anyway, does the aforementioned stylus also supposed to make it harder to scratch one's DS?

I've also ordered the invisibleSHIELD after reading a review but it recommended not using the included screen protectors as they would supposedly make the screen look blurry; the review recommended the Hori screen protectors as an alternative. Is anyone else doing this?

TossGirl

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think the best screen protector is probably Hori, I've been using them for awhile and as long as you wipe your touch screen and your main screen it's perfect!

Also you might want to check out a case for your DS, i'm using a Crystal Clear Case 2. Yes there is a upgrade from the first one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1