wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
homebrew.gif
Multitouch photoviewer v2.0
Update
dslite.jpg

Multitouch Photoviewer is an image display application for the NDS made with PALib. For more information on the project please see the change log below.

Change Log said:
• Can load 16 bits bmp's out of the pics directory (thnx hillbilly for the code, I've creditted you in the source too )
• Zooms to the center of the image
• Zoom is much smoother now

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
PALib Post
discuss.png
Discuss

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is actually pretty interesting, I've gotta admit. Sure it requires you to use 256x192 24-bit bitmaps (not 16-bit like he says in the post), and yeah the zooming is kinda screwed up at the moment, but it's a cool effect nonetheless. Makes me want to go check out that multi-touch library again since I never did test out any applications made with it back when it was released.

dragontje124

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Da-Bomb1 said:
Hm...interesting. It doesn't work on my DSi though. Can't say I'm too surprised.
yup doesn't work on the DSi
sadly enough the DSi doesn't support pressure anymore
frown.gif
but it ONLY works with 2 stylii, not with your fingers!
(and it is not made with the multitouch library, but using my own technique. I found out that if the distance between two stylii increases, the pressure increases too

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dragontje124 said:
Da-Bomb1 said:
Hm...interesting. It doesn't work on my DSi though. Can't say I'm too surprised.
yup doesn't work on the DSi
sadly enough the DSi doesn't support pressure anymore
frown.gif
but it ONLY works with 2 stylii, not with your fingers!
(and it is not made with the multitouch library, but using my own technique. I found out that if the distance between two stylii increases, the pressure increases too
Ah, I noticed that the DSi's screen had less resistance than the DS's screen...never knew there was any pressure sensitivity like that.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Da-Bomb1 said:
Ah, I noticed that the DSi's screen had less resistance than the DS's screen...never knew there was any pressure sensitivity like that.

i'm sure some commercial roms use it, none that i know of, but the homebrew colors uses it.

if you are interested in the code, give this a read: http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=14...hlight=pressure

-another world

dragontje124

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Another World said:
Da-Bomb1 said:

i'm sure some commercial roms use it, none that i know of, but the homebrew colors uses it.

if you are interested in the code, give this a read: http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=14...hlight=pressure

-another world
so you think that code should work on the DSi?
that would be nice
smile.gif

btw: I thought colors didn't work on the DSi too...

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
colors is such a "high profile" app now, you can get it for the i-phone. it's like they forgot their homebrew roots. one would think that by now it would be updated to work on the dsi, which appears to lack the pressure sensitive touch screen.

-another world

dragontje124

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Da-Bomb1 said:
Ah...it looks like Colors works, but when you try to calibrate it, no matter how hard you press it just says zero.
yup that is the problem.
I think it was some kind of undocumented API
so: sadly enough no DSi support

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah well...perhaps something might emerge when a DSi API is reverse engineered. Guess that's probably not gonna happen any time soon, though.

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dragontje124 said:
Da-Bomb1 said:
Ah well...perhaps something might emerge when a DSi API is reverse engineered. Guess that's probably not gonna happen any time soon, though.
they've already hacked it using a save game, so I think it'll be soon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgl24RpaEu8...player_embedded
Yeah, I've seen that...but it's gonna take some time to go from a simple picture on the screen to a full API that can use all of the DSi's flagship, and perhaps, hidden features.

dragontje124

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Da-Bomb1 said:
dragontje124 said:
Da-Bomb1 said:
Yeah, I've seen that...but it's gonna take some time to go from a simple picture on the screen to a full API that can use all of the DSi's flagship, and perhaps, hidden features.
sure but it is a begin
smile.gif

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dragontje124 said:
Da-Bomb1 said:
dragontje124 said:
Da-Bomb1 said:
sure but it is a begin
smile.gif
Haha, yeah...they should have like, a blog that says what they're doing and stuff, I haven't heard a thing since that video. I want DSi homebrew.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: