Hardware Multiple shorted caps near P13USP, M92T36 and ALC5639

Crossfader

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I swap the P13USB with a new one, but the same result. Nothing on the TV, only the green light on the Dock is on.

iTechCareRepair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

seidolino

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
yeah, I had the same issues at the beginning. make sure that you're really using a bigger noozle than the one for the phones or the M92T36 ic on the NS so that you can apply the heat on a wider area. I do it always like this:

1. Apply some flux
2. Heat up the CPU/APU with about 400° until the solder gets soft (this usually takes 3-4min and I need this temperature with my hot air station since I haven't got a board to preheat the NS mainboard)
3. Use this tool (https://de.aliexpress.com/item/32846496929.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.55134c4d8lUEDD) or anything similar to lift the CPU GENTLY from the board

but be very carefull when you lift the CPU so that you don't damage any pads on the mainboard or on the CPU. afterwards I do a reballing with the stencil and then you can easily put it back on the mainboard. So far I wasn't able to do a reflow since the factory solder needs really high temperatures to get soft and therefore I do a reballing always. maybe @FXDX has a better idea? ;-)

Last edited by seidolino,

Crossfader

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Crossfader did you try my suggestion from 06.06.20?
Hi and sorry for the delay.

I check and re-solder the caps and the P13USB again, but short is still there.
Charging works only in one direction.
I found out that the ESD Protektion 7C is blown, i replace it with a new one.
I check the 2 ESD chips with my Multimeter in Diode Mode and become strange values ( See Attachment )

Attachments

• ESD.jpg
    ESD.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 305

iTechCareRepair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, I had the same issues at the beginning. make sure that you're really using a bigger noozle than the one for the phones or the M92T36 ic on the NS so that you can apply the heat on a wider area. I do it always like this:

1. Apply some flux
2. Heat up the CPU/APU with about 400° until the solder gets soft (this usually takes 3-4min and I need this temperature with my hot air station since I haven't got a board to preheat the NS mainboard)
3. Use this tool (https://de.aliexpress.com/item/32846496929.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.55134c4d8lUEDD) or anything similar to lift the CPU GENTLY from the board

but be very carefull when you lift the CPU so that you don't damage any pads on the mainboard or on the CPU. afterwards I do a reballing with the stencil and then you can easily put it back on the mainboard. So far I wasn't able to do a reflow since the factory solder needs really high temperatures to get soft and therefore I do a reballing always. maybe @FXDX has a better idea? ;-)
Thx for your detailed reply, I ordered the stencil, but under current situation, who knows how long it will take.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.