Console runs hekate fine but won't boot HOS, error 2134-0501

Bradlin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Patched v1 switch, I installed a picofly and the console boots into hekate with no issue, but will very rarely boot HOS. Symptoms:

• Most of the time, the battery won't charge in hekate. If I try to boot into Atmosphere (emuMMC or sysMMC), the "switch" logo takes a long time to appear (8-9 seconds instead of the usual 3-5 seconds) and the console gets stuck on it or ends up giving the error 2134-0501 (USB_PD error). Same symptoms if I boot full stock HOS (holding + and - when powering on).
  • If the battery charges (hekate shows positive current), then I can boot to Atmosphere (both emuMMC and sysMMC work), the battery will charge without issues in HOS, and everything will work fine until I power off the console.
  • The only times I was able to boot into Atmosphere was after a long time with the console powered off.
I've tried to clean up the area around the M92T36 with some IPA, and immediately after I was able to boot to HOS, but only once. I think the IPA cooling down the chip may have something to do with it.

Some googling shows that the error code 2134-0501 is normally fixed with a replacement of the M92T36. But I have no shorted cap around it or abnormal diode mode reading.

However, when soldering the wires, I did accidentaly remove the 2 caps which go to pins 5 and 6 of the M92T36 and had a hard time putting them back (I worked without a microscope), and I think I may have turned on the console with pins 5 and 6 bridged.

Should I just replace the M92T36? Or is there anything I can do to check which component should be changed?

Last edited by Bradlin,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto