Multigame gamecube ISO with GG backup Launcher??

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by rAiN mAn 2o0o, Apr 21, 2009.

1. rAiN mAn 2o0o
    OP

Member rAiN mAn 2o0o GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I am sure many of you are familiar with the Wii - GameCube MultiGame ISO Creator v3.2.4

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=1074

I am having problems getting discs I make with it to work correctly with GC Backup Launcher Xi 0.2.
    Everything works fine when I insert backups of my GC games (that I already own). But when I use the multigame Iso maker, I can only launch one game.

For example, I combined Resident Evil 1 discs 1 and 2 with the iso maker. Upon launching of the GC Backup Launcher Xi 0.2, I get a black screen, and after I click "A" a few times it loads Resident Evil Disc 1 (never showing me the GC backuplauncher screen and never giving me the choice to choose which iso). It's also important to note that only the "A" button works... "B" which would normally load with patched MIOS is not functional.

I would be extremely greatful for some assistance, so I don't have to waste extra DVD+R's for 1.4 gb of data!!!!! By the way, here are my system specs...

Waninkoko's 4.0U firmware without security
    cIOS36 rev 10
    IOS60 Installer
    MIOS IOS249 patch
    GC Backup Launcher Xi 0.2 (launched from up-to-date Homebrew channel)
    (also use preloader .29 for safety!!!)

2. rAiN mAn 2o0o
    OP

Member rAiN mAn 2o0o GBAtemp Regular

United States
    UPDATE!!!! After hours of reading the forums I finally found a WORKAROUND solution to this problem...
    Thanks to Delt31..
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=1921547

SOLUTION: Start up the GC backuploader with another (single game) GC backup. Then eject and insert your multigame disc...
    ALSO... It is interesting to note that the Backuploader is still there... you just can't see it... So it you press right on the D-pad and then A, it will load the 2nd game on the disc.

I am still interested to know if there is a better way to do this.. maybe I should try a diff Multigame ISO software...???

CAN ANYONE HELP?

P.S. Thanks for not flaming me!