Hacking Discussion MTX switch rcm dongle

Alkron

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something that I still don't understand:
Why do these dongles, this one and SX OS one, need battery/capacitors in the first place?
Don't they get powered by the switch itself? Doesn't the Switch connection send power to the adapter? Or is the Switch not able to power the dongle up?

Because in order to send the payload, you need a powered device DURING recovery mode. During RCM is the period of time where the Switch won't send power out of its USB C port, thereby whatever is sending the payload in must be powered. The SX Dongle does this by charging capacitors when the Switch can power on in normal use while MTX dongle relies on batteries.

Reactions: MDashK

Pacote

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
That logo brings back memories.

I was one of the resellers here in Brazil for the matrix glitch chip for Xbox 360 (I installed them only)

Free cfw FTW

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Oh man this'll be fun. I wonder what TX would do when a piece of free-as-in-free-beer software is released that does what their shit does, but for no cost beyond a dongle to tip the creator?

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow there is a lot of cfw's now...
Atmosphere
SX OS
ReiNX
and now MTX...
Who's gonna win? My bet is atmosphere in the long run.
If it ever gets finished

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Seem like same as SX Pro but with a better battery, cheat menu and seems to be free (same as SX OS? Free to use for homebrew but have to pay for backup)

Guess we know what TX will work on next, a cheat menu to compete

I wonder if you can charge the dongle, I don't see they have the same battery design as SX Pro
TX already said in the FAQ #2 that a cheat menu was one of their top priorities.

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so would it be rechargable? or once you drain the batt it's bricked?
i think mtx dongle can be opened up and replace the battery by yourself if the battery completely drain to no charges at all.(It will take years, according to the info OP provides)

and from what point of view that makes u think battery died equal to brick???

Last edited by Sonansune,

d10s_fcb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
https://www.facebook.com/MatrixTeam...598120605/2028284733913207/?type=3&permPage=1

Coming soon...

MTX RCM Dongle :
- compatible with MTX custom fw and other open source RCM fw/payloads.
- replaceable internal battery lasts up to two years or ~4000 boots
- will begin production very soon

The MTX custom fw can be launched from the MTX dongle or from a PC with no license (in other words, it's free and will not be locked to the dongle or to the console).

Thunder Hawk

Firefox Master Race
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://www.facebook.com/MatrixTeam...598120605/2028284733913207/?type=3&permPage=1

Coming soon...

MTX RCM Dongle :
- compatible with MTX custom fw and other open source RCM fw/payloads.
- replaceable internal battery lasts up to two years or ~4000 boots
- will begin production very soon

The MTX custom fw can be launched from the MTX dongle or from a PC with no license (in other words, it's free and will not be locked to the dongle or to the console).
That's what the OP says already.

longxa762

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Can't wait for threads calling them out for stealing codes from Atmosphere considering this is basically a SX OS clone.

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can't wait for threads calling them out for stealing codes from Atmosphere considering this is basically a SX OS clone.
they more like selling their universal dongle not cfw... u can use their cfw with any launch method u want and they said it's free.
not sx os clone.

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it will end up like on the 3DS: everyone abandoned Gateway, Sky3DS and other flashcarts when Luma3DS and A9LH came out.
The same will happen with the Switch, but faster. Atmosphere is going to release, and most likely, in a couple of months, 90% of the hacking community will be using it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-