mtp-server-nx - Open Source USB file transfer for Switch

mtp-server-nx

A port of https://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/xenial/man1/mtp-server.1.html for Nintendo Switch - free and open source!

Author
Gillou68310

Known Issues
  • Startup takes long with a lot of Files on the SD Card, due to scanning
  • Transfer speed can still be improved
  • Untested on Horizon < 6.1
  • Max filesize is currently limited to ~4GB
  • Version 1.1 has issues with Windows, consider it not supported right now :/
  • TBD
License
Apache 2.0

Repository: https://github.com/retronx-team/mtp-server-nx
Download: https://github.com/retronx-team/mtp-server-nx/releases

Last edited by m4xw,

h33t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Got this ?

Attachments

• 2019090217595000-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg
    2019090217595000-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 228

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Last edited by m4xw,
Reactions: h33t

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's normal, we will blacklist these paths in the future.
The system simply denies any read/write access to the files.

This is pretty awesome, any chance we can get a user editable blacklist path so I blacklist the retroarch directory? I think there are 10K+ files in there.

Reactions: Zukov

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
This would be awesome if it ran in the background as a kip1 (or maybe by patching the home menu exefs if that's easier?) so just plugging in the USB while in HOS would make the SD card instantly accessible.
I wonder how hard that would be to do. It would have to not conflict when homebrew wants to use the USB port for other things like Tinfoil/Goldleaf with USB installs but that could maybe be done by exposing the MTP as a separate device while leaving the raw USB device (the one you use with libusb) there to be used by other apps, if that's possible.

As is, it's still useful, but having that feature would make it super convenient.

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This would be awesome if it ran in the background as a kip1 (or maybe by patching the home menu exefs if that's easier?) so just plugging in the USB while in HOS would make the SD card instantly accessible.
I wonder how hard that would be to do. It would have to not conflict when homebrew wants to use the USB port for other things like Tinfoil/Goldleaf with USB installs but that could maybe be done by exposing the MTP as a separate device while leaving the raw USB device (the one you use with libusb) there to be used by other apps, if that's possible.

As is, it's still useful, but having that feature would make it super convenient.
No kip, but a background service is easy to do.
Should whip out the bugs first tho.

stick267

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I saw the name of the app I thought it was a background service. Still cool either way, gonna try it out later.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
No kip, but a background service is easy to do.
Should whip out the bugs first tho.
I see. I'm not that familiar with how background services are done, i thought they were usually done with a kip1. But any way that works is fine :D

Yeah, probably a good idea to prioritize fixing bugs before adding more features otherwise you can end up with even more bugs, and when there is more going on it makes fixing bugs harder. But this already looks better than nxmtp.

octopus

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
If you have trouble making it work from the PC-side, disable USB 3.0 superseed in /atmosphere/system_settings.ini. I was getting “USB device not recognized” with it turned on.

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDit:

thx to the developer. Open source option will always be apreciatted.
Is this protocole something GoldLeaf or Tinfoil could use to install .nsp thought USB-mtp?

Yes and no. But the process would be something that I persoanlly do not like "selecting file on PC, dragging it to switch MTP". How would the UI look like that that? no UI? just install default options? block the MTP file upload operation and present the user with an options dialog? what about more than 1 file? so many questions and complexities.

Reactions: Zukov

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Do you know what type of power supply exactly? Is it for PC tower like ATX?