Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Checking in again, real quick like..
Just wanted to say not to get the wrong idea. Life for me and the boys is actually getting better. We're not in a hole, I'm just getting proactive so's we don't GET in one, and then life'll be easier. So far, my system is working.. I've got a couple more weeks of heavy business, and then I should start profiting monetarily from my efforts, not just psychologically. So far, the psychological aspect is helping me keep momentum though. The people around here who keep in shape physically will tell you that if you exercise, your mood will naturally be better, and it's one of the best things to keep depression at bay. I'm finding the same true with organization.. there's a feeling of being on top of "it" as opposed to underneath "it" that really starts flooding into your life. I'm still pretty stressed, and feeling out of my element (I'm a slack bastard by nature) but I can see my organizational "muscles" getting bigger, and it's a good feeling.

So don't feel sorry for me, feel good for me.. I'm movin' on up like the Jeffersons baby!

I can DO this!

(Spikey, that pic was awesome btw.)

PizzaPasta

Son of p1ngpong
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I hope things work out, we haven't met on here yet but I know that you're a good guy and a great help to the site we all know and love.

I share the same problem that you do; I'm too lazy for my own good. Sometimes it's nice but when the shit hits the fan it totally sucks.

Take care and I'm glad to hear that you're becoming proactive, maybe I should us it as an example.

Oh, I'm PizzaPasta by the way. Remember when Nintendo turned me into Don Flamenco? Bastards.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so now I'm researching David Allen and "Getting Things Done" instead of working. Something tells me I'm not doing this right...
unsure.gif

[Edit]Now I'm listening to the music of David Allen Coe instead of working. I'm pretty sure I'm not doing this right. Hopefully there will be an online mthrnite GTD seminar / podcast in our future.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good luck with all that Mthr. Haven't really talked w/ ya much (yet!), but you seem like a rad cat. Hope all goes well, and hurry back to us Tempers (...when things are worked out in that Real Life thing you were talking about
wink.gif
). WE MISS YOU!
wub.gif

EDIT: Oh, and GREAT writing by the way.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
mthrnite said:
The people around here who keep in shape physically will tell you that if you exercise, your mood will naturally be better, and it's one of the best things to keep depression at bay.
You ever been through two-a-days at football practice?!
They'll definitely put you in a bad mood!
laugh.gif

BTW, I also made some mthrnite fanart in Colors:

mthrnite is watching over us, always

wub.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Well played! I know how easy it is to bury yourself in the internet when things aren't quite working out and it never ends well. It sounds like you've spent the time well and got yourself all sorted out over there. Much as I like dragons it sounds like this one could do with a good ass-whooping so I'll leave you to go deliver it
smile.gif

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope that whatever you're going through is working out for you and I can say I understand to some extent what you're going through. I also got taken out of my "comfort zone" by my parents and dragged out here to egypt. The two years I've been here have been the hardest of my life. Its been hard work all the way but in these two years I've managed to accomplish thing which I thought I never would be able to do. I memorized the quran, learnt a whole new language, became a much better muslim and learnt how to work hard, even for school. I never used to be able to focus for more than an hour on work but now I can sit for hours without tiring and feel this stay here has taught me a lot of things and gave me a lot more than I could have imagened.

Hell, without the lack of games I would never have wanted a flashcard, and without wanting a flashcard I would never have found GBAtemp and I am truly grateful for that. You guys are my home away from home, my family away from my family. Naturally there were days where I didn't even want to wake up because I knew the amount of work waiting for me but I learnt to perservere, a skill which will come quite in handy in the future. I learnt many things about myself which I never knew and even though I truly hate being here in egypt, I wouldn't want to trade these two years for anything in the world.

It may be hard work now, but once you slay that dragon you'll feel like the king of the world and nothing will ever get you down. I hope all fares you well in your struggles and that you finish without problem.

We all know our mthr loves us, just know that we love out mthr too.

mthrnite

So it goes.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Quick update:

Most of the stuff I've set out to do is done. There are however a few major things that have not come to pass yet. My lawyer is hyper-busy on a very high profile murder case, and as such, hasn't had time to get my divorce done and done. And there's one more thing that I must do before returning formally to the temp. I have a friend here that I owe something to... when he receives that something, I shall return. I'm basically holding myself hostage until my demands are met. Just a few more hurdles and I'll be back....

. . WITH A VENGEANCE!!!

D

Deleted User

Wow, how can I put this the right way ... I'm definately sorry that I just found this topic by accident and that I haven't replied earlier, but I'm so glad that you're getting things done and that you and your kids are well.

I haven't been that active the last few months (you know why, at least partially) but I definately missed you a lot when I checked the temp.

I know you can do this. Two thumbs up!
wub.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do you have the mini radiator cooler? I Jerry rigged a heatsink and 5volt fan from a dead graphics card on mine, but eventually wanna get a real cooler/fan.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pure copper heat sink kit and fans
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't know bout sets, I downloaded all the roms for mine separately.
    My 1500ish games is all hand picked and scraped it's taken me months but zero trash well except MAME.... Tried deleting clones and broke the originals uugghh
    +1
    I legit have been complaining about MAME for over 20 years... Hate the way they handle roms
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is a pain sometimes
    Now that they decided to add Tiger handheld and fruit machines.... Newer sets are worthless
    Because who doesn't want to emulate Halo LCD by Tiger when the machine needed to emulate it... Could just play Halo....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Batocera has some tiger games
    I don't have them on mine Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Waste of the 128kb they take
    +1
    Tiger handhelds are good for one thing.... Occupying space in a landfill
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They make good burning plastic
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Makes me wonder if the Pi5 can play PS2? If there's even a core for it yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pi5 should be able to do ps2
    Try Dragon Quest VIII it ran perfectly on a core 2 Duo I had
    Easiest game to run I found
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps2 emulation is cake compared to 3 years ago
    Hardest is probably Gran Turismo 4
    It's much better now yes but Gran Turismo 4 is still the hardest one to emulate that I have in my collection
    Runs perfectly fine but it's as if I can feel it always on the boarder line of dropping a frame lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I ordered a spin ball couple days ago to add to my arcade cabinet, will be nice for games like golden tee, or bowling
    I always wanted a controller for like Ikari Warriors, Time Soldiers, Heavy Barrel, Forgotten Worlds games like those
    +1
    Not even sure what to call that controller
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    an online friend I've known since 2021 left me :( bc my attitude is "cutty"
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: an online friend I've known since 2021 left me :( bc my attitude is "cutty"