I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kattykitkat said:
LeviCG said:
I think the mods/admins here have been extremely ridiculous as of late, especially with their little power trips since pokemon has been released. I thought this site was all about sharing information and helping people? I admit closing billions of pokemon threads is quite the way to go, but sitting there not only deleting post and locking threads, replacing their comments with silly pictures is just beyond power tripping. Mods on this site are seeming to take away peoples freedom of speech and opinion. To ban someone over something as silly as "identity crisis" is beyond stupid, especially when this person is helping people. Are you mods helping people? Or just satisfying your need for your version of control? You know, if you ban this guy, and keep him from helping, more and more pokemon threads will continue to pop up. This guy had the solution. And uh "buying the damn game" isn't a solution for a lot of people, so get off that band wagon. If you don't like the fact that people acquire the game through other methods then that is YOUR business, and should not be used as an excuse to treat people the way that you do. If you choose to lessen the validity of my post due to my post count, that is a serious problem and I suggest you evaluate your life and look and see if you're really that pathetic.

^ THIS.

THIIIIIIS.

You do know that all these pokemon threads waste server space, and are REALLY annoying to the regular members here.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jakob95 said:
Kattykitkat said:
LeviCG said:
I think the mods/admins here have been extremely ridiculous as of late, especially with their little power trips since pokemon has been released. I thought this site was all about sharing information and helping people? I admit closing billions of pokemon threads is quite the way to go, but sitting there not only deleting post and locking threads, replacing their comments with silly pictures is just beyond power tripping. Mods on this site are seeming to take away peoples freedom of speech and opinion. To ban someone over something as silly as "identity crisis" is beyond stupid, especially when this person is helping people. Are you mods helping people? Or just satisfying your need for your version of control? You know, if you ban this guy, and keep him from helping, more and more pokemon threads will continue to pop up. This guy had the solution. And uh "buying the damn game" isn't a solution for a lot of people, so get off that band wagon. If you don't like the fact that people acquire the game through other methods then that is YOUR business, and should not be used as an excuse to treat people the way that you do. If you choose to lessen the validity of my post due to my post count, that is a serious problem and I suggest you evaluate your life and look and see if you're really that pathetic.

^ THIS.

THIIIIIIS.

You do know that all these pokemon threads waste server space, and are REALLY annoying to the regular members here.
THIS
ALL U NOOBS ARE ANNOYING!!!

ambitous21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rockstar said:
Jakob95 said:
Kattykitkat said:
LeviCG said:

^ THIS.

THIIIIIIS.

THIS
ALL U NOOBS ARE ANNOYING!!!
shut up. You'll never become a mod, dream as you may.

Hidoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Jakob95 said:

So new members aren't allowed to make threads because that is a waste of server space and annoys the 'regular' members? That's new

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Kattykitkat said:
LeviCG said:

^ THIS.

THIIIIIIS.

QUOTE(Wyden @ Mar 21 2010, 04:26 PM)
QFT

Not that, and QF wrong.

All of you complaining about staff power abuse/ power trips, bad moderating and so on are talking from positions of complete ignorance. You obviously have no clue about what the mods here do, and are trying to achieve in their capacity as staff here. I come from a privileged position of working with mthr and the other staff behind the scenes in my role as irc staff, and have been lucky enough to catch a glimpse of how this place is really run. You guys do not appreciate the huge level of discussion that takes place in an attempt to keep this place enjoyable and fair for everyone.

I find the level of disrespect to the staffs discretion and the childishness shown here today both astounding and disconcerting. Ever since Pokemon was dumped you people have swarmed here like a plague just to cry and moan and act like this forum owes you something. The selfishness and impatience I have seen is downright disgusting. I wish many of you would just leave this place and find somewhere else to cry, because quite frankly, and it saddens me to say this, as members most of you are just not worth a damn.

brofaux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Suggestion: Make a temporary sub forum that's reserved only for Pokemon related talk?
It can be deleted once the HG/SS chaos dies down, and it reduces the clutter that regular members have to see.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hidoshi said:
Jakob95 said:

So new members aren't allowed to make threads because that is a waste of server space and annoys the 'regular' members? That's new
They shouldn't make new threads about the same thing when another guy makes the same thread 5min ago.

LeviCG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, clearly you didn't read my post very well. I said, closing billions of pokemon threads is the way to go. No where did I state that keeping those threads open and alive was a good thing. However, closing and locking is one thing, but taking others comments, and completely making it be something else is wrong. Deleting obscene content, rude behavior, and things such is that is quite understandable, but doing the things some of these mods have done is quite immature and unprofessional. Now, Rockstar, please refrain from posting if you lack anything constructive. You seem to be quite the fanboy of this site, and your actions only tarnish the name GBAtemp, instead of making it sound delightful and full of cherry pie. Calling me a "noob" based on what someone else has said, not counting the fact that what they said wasn't even true, just isn't helping anything, and surely isn't helping the problem at hand. Thanks.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You folks want freedom of speech and opinion? Start a personal blog. When members sign up to the site they agree to certain rules. Rules have been violated followed by people bitching and derailed topics (thus violating more rules). It's great that folks are enthusiastic about the game but the amount of crap that floods in from it is astonishing.

Get over it folks, move on with your lives and if you want the game right now? BUY IT. Otherwise just cool it and wait for a fix from someone that isn't breaking the rules or for a firmware update for your flash kits.

Many people don't seem to understand this but I'll say it nice and clear for you folks. PIRACY IS NOT A RIGHT!

Win

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Rockstar said:
LOCK THIS JUNK THREAD WITH FUCKING NOOBS

define "noobs" and try having a real life and not conjuring 1 up in your cell-less mush of a 'brain'.

Zentari2238

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Well , I can't believe I'm using my account to actually post something on these boards but here it goes.

Anyway,having "served" as a mod myself (BleachTV,BleachFlame,BleachBoards) I can understand why he was banned and agree with it on the grounds that he DID break the rules.On the other hand I can't say I agree with your actions ; instead of swinging the hammer at full force you should have pmed him first in order to avoid this mess.If a thread has that many views it's only logical that you ARE gonna piss people off even if you are just doing your job but instead of taking a more tactful approach, you promptly banned him , then closed the thread with a heavy statement that he broke the rules and had to be banned ( a post that was deleted of course).

To top it off , you go out of your way to make a thread like this in order to reaffirm your actions as just (if it was really about letting all the leechers blow their steam off you wouldn't bother mentioning that the other mods are backing you up).

I suggest you take a few minutes outside in order to calm down a little,stuff like this can mess up your nerves.

ambitous21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brofaux said:
Suggestion: Make a temporary sub forum that's reserved only for Pokemon related talk?
It can be deleted once the HG/SS chaos dies down, and it reduces the clutter that regular members have to see.
I agree with this.
The discussion has to go somewhere.
Useless threads can be deleted at the end of each day so it doesnt take up space.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
ambitous21 said:
brofaux said:
I agree with this.
Useless threads can be deleted at the end of each day so it doesnt take up space.

How about you go and make yourself a nice Invisionfree board to discuss this on? That way you won't have to abide by any of GBAtemps rules and GBAtemp won't have to put up with your bitching.

brofaux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, my two cents on the whole mods abusing power thing-

Having been a moderator on multiple sites and a World of Warcraft GM, I can say this:
Power DOES corrupt your ability to make rational, fair decisions. I'm not saying it makes you totally egoistical and idiotic, but it doesn't make you do things that you previously wouldn't do, or you just do things without putting in as much thought as you would before.

Now, again, the amount of change depends on the person, but it affects everyone who gets a higher power in a community involving people/players. Anyone who denies that is either lying or doesn't realize it themselves.

I'm not accusing anyone or saying that all admins/GMs/Mods/Ops are bad, its a fact.

The one thing that I, and most others, would ask of them is this-
When you choose to do something, please give the members a good explanation for why you do it. This keeps things understandable and reduces room for miscommunication and possible spite.

A simple but strong explanation for why you lock something/ban someone with CLEAR strong justifiable reasons is GOOD.

ALSO realize this, and again this is coming from my experience: Understand that you are NOT a God and that you're word IS NOT the law, and you CAN MAKE MISTAKES. If members of the community (and keep in mind that as a MOD/OP, you're ultimate job is to serve the people). If you make an error in locking something or banning someone, you can always go back and unlock/unban that person.
Fluidity is better than rigidness.

Thats all, and I hope you actually read this and take into consideration what I said.
Thank you so much. ~Brofaux

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Law said:
ambitous21 said:
brofaux said:
I agree with this.

How about you go and make yourself a nice Invisionfree board to discuss this on? That way you won't have to abide by any of GBAtemps rules and GBAtemp won't have to put up with your bitching.

I agree with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N0Gm4uiJXfM&pp=ygUeSSBoYXZlIG5pcHBsZXMgY2FuIHlvdSBtaWxrIG1l